Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,478   Online: 967

View Poll Results: F3 or F4??

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nikon F4

34 97.14%
  • Nikon F3

1 2.86%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have an F4, really nice camera, probably my favorite Nikon. There is a small part of me that would like to get an F3THP, but that part doesn't know where the credit card is kept.

Unfortunately, the part of me that wants an F6 knows precisely where the credit card lives... :outlaw:
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I go for F3. I have two of them. F4 is too big for me, (and autofocus is not for me), while F3 feels just right. And with dead batteries it is still relatively usable.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like the F4's tank-like construction, the knobs and dial and its general chunkiness. It feels like it would survive a nuclear blast and could be used to drive nails with. And on a more serious note, its forward and backward compatibility with lenses is a huge bonus.
    There is nothing, absolutely nothing, half so much worth doing, as simply messing about in boats

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The F3 was the best all-around 35mm slr I have ever used. Feels very good in the hand when attached to an MD-4. Very nice viewfinder when fitted with a B focusing screen. Just a joy.
    Jason

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    F3 by far. You don't need all of the unnecessary crap that comes with the F4.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by flatulent1 View Post
    I have an F4, really nice camera, probably my favorite Nikon. There is a small part of me that would like to get an F3THP, but that part doesn't know where the credit card is kept.

Unfortunately, the part of me that wants an F6 knows precisely where the credit card lives... :outlaw:
    If the part that wants the F3/T decides it can live with an F3P, the part of me that keeps making me buy back my old gear would be very appreciative, since it wouldn't have to be tempted all the time whenever I step into Kenmore Camera. Next time you're there, check out stock #677946.

-J
    APUG: F2AS x2, F, FM2n, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2.8 AI, 50/2 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 50/1.4 S, 55/2.8 Micro AIS, 85/1.8 K, 135/3.5 QC

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    What I like about the F3HP is I always know what the camera is doing, no surprises. My impression of later models, based on my current Nikon DSLR, is like any computer program, sometimes it has a mind of its own. The F3 operates like older manual cameras with enough automation to get the job done.

If I could buy a decent F4, F5, F6 for an affordable price, I probably would, however, I would still expect the F3 to be, in most cases, my favorite.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    F3, it's more intuitive if you have been using a FM2n
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by nambun View Post

The F4 is the world's first professional camera with a built-in motor drive.
    The F4 is the world's first professional camera with modern Matrix (intelligent) light metering.

by Ken.

-------------------------

In my opinion, you can choise F4 (without F4s, F4e because its heavy) is the best for AI/AIS.
    Not to be argumentative or anything Ken but both the above features were out in the Canon T90 before the F4 was released..

My vote though was for the F4. I have both the F3HP and F4. Both are nice cameras but the F4 is an amazing beast. I do though think I prefer my T90s over the F3 or F4 but a lot of that could be due to all the years I spent using those T90s.
    Various Canons and Nikons. A Mamiya and a Bronica. A couple Brownies, and a Couple of Argus' (Argi?)

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I would vote for F3, unless you into sports it will do as good of a job on most pictures, built like a tank, smoothest film advance in the world, aperture priority, what else can you wish for for a film camera?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin