Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,749   Posts: 1,483,781   Online: 837

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Speaking of the AE finder.. I have a plain prism on mine.. its labeled "Eye level prism FN". it does not have the little arm that reaches over the shutter speed dial.
    And yet it works fine in Aperture Priority mode.
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I would carry a spare battery and spend the money on lenses

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Not to pick on the OP here, but I have never understood the hand-wringing about batteries in cameras. Regardless of which camera I have with me, I carry a set of spares. If the batteries die, I replace them and keep shooting. Just like when I reach the end of the roll of film, I replace it.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

Seahawks won Superbowl XLVIII.
    Next year's Superbowl is XLIX. Easier to pronounce than XLVIII. Sounds like XLAX.
    I hope that doesn't mean we won't be able to stop the run...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by flatulent1 View Post
    Not to pick on the OP here, but I have never understood the hand-wringing about batteries in cameras. Regardless of which camera I have with me, I carry a set of spares. If the batteries die, I replace them and keep shooting. Just like when I reach the end of the roll of film, I replace it.
    Well i've just bought a battery like that. And it costs 7euro for one battery. So replacing them after each roll will make it a bit expensive isnt it

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.canon View Post
    Well i've just bought a battery like that. And it costs 7euro for one battery. So replacing them after each roll will make it a bit expensive isnt it
    Go to eBay and search for "dog collar batteries".

Yes, really .

They are the alkaline versions, so won't give the same long-life results as the silver oxide versions. I bought something like 24 of them last time, for very little $. They work fine in my Mamiya cameras that take the same batteries.

The silver oxide versions are better - go to eBay and search for "PX28 silver".
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    35mm
    yes. You have to remember i am from holland. SO shipping it from another country wouldnt be really cheap

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Check out the FTb.

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    FTB? whats that? And how come that some of the cams tend to "eat" battery's

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If batteries are a concern, get an FTB and get an old selenium cell meter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I now have my dad's AE-1, but haven't really used it. With my A-1, I'd say the life of a PX28 battery is measured in years. I do carry a spare, but I don't get the impression the power consumption is very high. (Maybe if you do lots of minute long bulb exposures, you'd see a problem -- haven't tried that.)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin