Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,498   Posts: 1,543,095   Online: 1072

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.canon View Post
    FTB? whats that? And how come that some of the cams tend to "eat" battery's
    Check out this page from the Canon museum for more info on all "F" series cameras. Most of these will operate without a battery (the meter will need a battery, but the shutter won't).

http://www.canon.com/camera-museum/c.../series_f.html

Jim B.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    These cameras have 40-50 years. Better budget for a good CLA and you'll have a new camera for another 50 years. That's what I do with mine. I have 5 FTb; they are excellent; ( not as good as the EF; but fully Manual, metallic and reliable)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Yeah I let my AE-1 sit for a few years with the battery in it. I know..duh. Worked fine and the battery is still going. T'aint cheap but if it lasts years it's OK. I use a Weston meter too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd just like to upgrade, really. I picked up an AE-1 because it was cheap. I think I've done my looking and settled on a New F-1. I'm probably going to have to put it on my Christmas list, though, since it's far from cheap enough for me to afford any time soon.
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." - HST
    My Flickr Gallery

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Changing a battery is not a big deal. Everything from your cell phone to your car uses a battery, and all such batteries will eventually be replaced. As for which Canon FD camera to get, the EF is a good camera; inexpensive, and styled after the F1. The FTb is a great camera, and is fully manual. The meter requires a battery (just as the EF does), I simply got an adapter which allows me to use an SR44 battery stepped-down to 1.35 volts. If you have a little extra money to spend, the F1 is the way to go. I prefer the old F1 to the newer versions, they have a certain look to them which I like.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I keep a record of when I change my camera batteries, and the PX 28 Lithium battery I have in my Canon A1 has been in it for nearly eleven years and is showing no sign of packing up, I'm going to replace it today because without a doubt I've certainly had my moneys worth.
    Ben

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin