Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,829   Posts: 1,582,163   Online: 1021

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

AE-1 program or "normal AE-1

Right. I can buy 2 cam's. One is a std AE-1 with 3 lenses. Std lens,wide angle and zoom. That one would cost 75€ and is a 45 min drive. The other one is a AE-1 Program with only 1 lens wich would be the 50mm? And is only 5 min walk So i have a bit of an dilemma here. I like the wide angle from the first one but the program is more advanced but that one only has the std lens and is a little damaged. What would you do?

Shooter
    35mm
    If I were you I'll drive 45 min to get the AE1 w/o program. I don't think the program version is that advanced anyway.

Shooter
    35mm
    Well you can set the asa? Or thats what ive seen. Problem is i don't need the zoom lens. But he won't sell the cam without that lens.

Shooter
    35mm
    found another one. Undamaged. And with 4 lenses

CANON AE-1 Program Canon 50 mm 1:1.8 lens, Canon 28 mm 1:2.8 lens, Canon 35-70 mm 1:3.5-4.5 lens Sigma high speed 80-200 mm 1:3.5-4 lens. Agfatronic 261B flash

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'd go for the AE1-P, for three reasons (of which two seem valid and one less ) :

1) it'll be more recent than the "plain" AE1
    2) it has no needle for the display, which is one breakable component less (I like the LEDs of the AE1P, and they are easier to use in low light than the needle)
    3) the AE1P was (and still is, still works fine 28 years later) my first "real" camera.

The AE1P is not very advanced but it has interchangeable focusing screens (without the need to send it to a camera tech person) and the display is quite nice (the brightness adapts to the light level, and the LEDs are behing the numbers, so that even in low light you can read the number perfectly)).

I also have a preference for the handling of the AE1P, if it has the small grip on the right face.
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    35mm
    Going to look for one this evening i hope. THe last one with the 4 lenses. Going to sell the zoom lens i think. Not going to use it.

Shooter
    35mm

AE-1P

Everything Laurent said Plus.
    The ergonomics of the "P" is much improved over the original.
    The ASA is easier to set and the shutter speed can't be accidently changed by sloppy film winding. The "P" can take the motor drive not just a winder.

Francis in VT

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The plain AE-1 over the program, every time. Much prefer the match-needle display over the LEDs. For that matter, I prefer the AT-1 over the AE-1, if you get a chance at one o' them.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    35mm
    ok so i have never had one in my hands do be honest. So whats the match needle display? (i know sounds stupid)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Best to get the one that is convenient for you. Just get a camera then add the lenses that you need. The price of FD lenses seems to be creeping upwards so buying now would seem the best. But even slightly damaged lens is NOT a good thing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin