Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,566   Posts: 1,545,418   Online: 1021

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Having to stop down to meter with non-Ai glass isn't too much on an inconvenience. I can easily push the DOF preview button with my middle finger on my FE. Just like anything, after enough practice it becomes natural. But if the OP isn't interested in stop-down metering, Ai and Ais lenses will meter without any extra input on the operators part. One less person to compete with for Non-Ai deals too...

Adam

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It can be cost-effective to buy the better models of non-AI lenses and have John White AI-them. I use lenses that he converted on both film and digital Nikons and they work flawlessly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As we are on apug and compatibility with d-word technology is not neccessarily needed, may I suggest that another nice and easy way to use pre-AI lenses is a pre-AI camera?

I really liked my Nikkormat FT-2 before an accident transformed it into a piece of junk.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like my Nikkormats too. I have 5 or 6. I had them rewired to use SR44.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin