Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,577   Posts: 1,545,719   Online: 810

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I understand that for some SLR cameras you can use the self timer as a poor-man's mirror lockup. This only works for models in which the mirror goes up as soon as the self timer is actuated. This is not the case for all cameras. Some cameras wait until the self timer times out before the mirror flips up, just a fraction of a second ahead of the shutter. This scheme would not work for such cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The perfect camera for this job is the Olympus OM-1

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Got two SRT-101s in today off of eBay. The were both listed as-is but after a little CLA and new batteries the shutters fire and the meters appear accurate. I have a T-Mount already so now I just need a clear night to do some lunar photography. Thanks for all the advice!

Michael

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a Minolta sRt 102 with a 28mm lens and the mirror lock up. It's a great camera for astronomical photography.
    Thy heart -- thy heart! -- I wake and sigh,
    And sleep to dream till day
    Of the truth that gold can never buy
    Of the bawbles that it may.

www.silverhalidephotography.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin