Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,809   Online: 1018

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Zuiko lens - 35mm 2.8

Hi, can't find much on the internet regarding this. and my favorite go to site www.mir.com is "down". I would suppose any oly 35. 2.8 would be sufficiently satisfying. I see there seems to be a 35 2.0 that's popular and the 35 shift lens.

Any thoughts on the zuido auto-wide 35mm f/2.8?

Thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice lens at a reasonable price. You won't be disappointed. Buy the f2.8 and if you decide you need the little bit of extra speed, buy the f2 for a good bit more money. Shift? Would you have a need for the shift ability? If not, stick with what you have. Bill Barber (who has owned each of the three)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    f2.8 is fine and it takes a 49mm filter.....a big deal for me. Any tilt shift lens is big and bulky and not a replacement for a general purpose lens like the f2.8 or f2. That said tilt-shift is incredibly nice for shooting architecture on a tripod....and it a lot easier to do with a large format camera!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Focus No. 9 View Post
    ...Any thoughts on the zuido auto-wide 35mm f/2.8?

Thanks.

Although I do have one of these -and it is a fine lens- I tend to prefer using its sister, the 28/2.8.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Galah View Post
    Although I do have one of these -and it is a fine lens- I tend to prefer using its sister, the 28/2.8.
    Me too

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have one (35 f2.8) and quite like it. Just need a 21mm to compliment it.

Shooter
    35mm
    IMHO it's a good solid all-rounder. Not stellar but no slouch, it has been my favourite lens for many years. Wide enough to get plenty in the frame but doesn't stretch things too obviously or shrinking distant features, for me it gives a 'natural' perspective.

I have used both this and the faster f2 model and IMHO unless you regularly need the f2's slightly better low light ability the modest f2.8 model is perfect for out-and-about photography. Unsurprisingly, it's definitely the smaller and lighter of the two.

The MIR site's 35mm lens page is online now, though the dusk street scene used on that page was actually taken with the Zuiko 65-200mm, not any of the 35mm models.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin