Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,478   Posts: 1,571,119   Online: 1138

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Talk me out of

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Do eeeet. But, don't sell the other gear. Otherwise, you may get seller's remorse a couple months down the road and decide to buy identical gear (or, possibly your old gear) to replace it. GAS is a biotch.

-J
    APUG: F2AS x2, F, FM2n, Nikomat FTn, FT2
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2.8 AI, 50/2 AI, 50/2 K, 50/1.4 AI, 55/3.5 Micro PC, 55/2.8 Micro AIS, 85/1.8 K, 105/2.5 K, 135/3.5 QC

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You want it? Buy it! Why live with the pain of what you should have done? Relieve the GAS now before you explode!

Do it NOW!!

My work is done.
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Seems like you've a problem.

Only way the problem is going to go, is to have that camera.

Conclusion: BUY!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If it is anything like mine (which I love to death when it comes to using them), you will spend far more getting it working just right than you will on the camera itself. Supposedly they are a bitch to repair, and very few people know how to do it properly. They are great cameras to use when they are working, but I must say that I have never had a single problem with any of my Nikons, which are all older than my F-1s, and have likely never been serviced in over 40 years; On the contrary, I have serviced each of my F-1s at least twice out of necessity, and now one of them needs it again.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    aren't F1's fairly expensive these days
    I looked at a few briefly but they seemed overpriced?

Shooter
    127 Format
    You've got this place all wrong...

We are here to talk you INTO buying stuff -- pirate's code
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Doo eet. Dooo eeet. Doooooo eeeeeet!

AAA-HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    What's the worst that can happen?
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

Images
    Some long time ago after they were no longer in production I bought a "Mint" F1 from someone who thought he'd be a "pro". He bought 2 of them new with one as his "backup". I bought the back up still in the box with a couple of Canon FD lenses. I paid a lot more than the price today. I have never regretted it for a second. As far as getting it serviced any good repair shop can make 'em as good as new. Also, there is a modification that will allow the use of the newer batteries. So buy it! You won't regret it. If you need the name of my repair man IM me.
    JOHN

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    it's on. I'm gonna get it.

The problem is it's two hours away and we have conflicting schedules for work so I'll figure something out.

there is a pawn shop with a 135 2.8 for FD mount I think I'll snatch that up today too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin