Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,918   Posts: 1,584,742   Online: 869

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: What 35mm?

Shooter
    35mm
    Why not a fisheye . . . circular or rectilinear?

How about a PB4 bellows for far greater magnification with your 105mm macro? Or make most any other lens a supermacro mounted reversed on the bellows.

Last edited by Les Sarile; 10-15-2010 at 05:51 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just to say thanks to everyone for your help. I just had a roll of Fuji Velvia 50 processed in the lab here in town and I have to say I'm very pleased with the results. Bill at Pro Camera here in Charlottesville VA has been super in setting me up with great deals on lenses and he also has the PB4 bellows set aside for me. I picked up a 35mm and a 50mm and should be souping up the black and white this week. I'll post some of the shots sometime next week. Love my Nikon, and that's coming from someone who mostly shoots 4X5.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RPippin View Post
    The deed is done. I feel like I just burned my bra. Where the 50D used to reside, there is now a sweet little F3HP with a power winder and a 105mm 1:2.5 lens. Let the games begin.
    Good job! You're gonna love that 105, superb lens!
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit, under the knife for a bit
    4x5 Graphic View / Schneider 180 / Ektar 127
    RB67 Pro S / 50 4.5 / 90 3.8 / 180 4.5 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    Random 35mm stuff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would go for a Canon F1 or F1n. I have both these cameras an prefer them to any of the Canons I own including my T90

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've started posting some shots I scanned from the roll of Velvia from Roanoke Virginia. Their in the gallery.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

The advantage of shooting film these days

Quote Originally Posted by Pumal View Post
    You should have a 28mm, 50mm and 85mm at least. As fast ( the lens) as you can afford them. Cheers,

Puma.
    Because of the digital craze, people are dumping their old 35mm gear for low prices. The old gear is better built than the new gear and the lenses are every bit as sharp. So treat yourself and buy what you want.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm doing it!
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I regularly use a Nikkor 35mm f/2,5, which was purchased in 1957, with regrets that I coud not afford a, then new F/1.8. I t took several years to realise whagt a great lens I had.

See Ken Rockwell to find out how good this lands actually is,

Shooter
    35mm
    Why would I recommend a camera I know nothing about?

(In response to "Why not recommend something you don't own?")

I do like my Nikon N75 as a great carry-around.

Shooter
    35mm
    If MF, Olympus OM-2n or Nikon FG/FE are very nice, or FM2n if you want full manual. If AF, N90/N90s or F4s. If you go with Nikon, you can use most AI or AF lenses with any of the Nikon bodies I mentioned. The OM-2n, FE/FG/FM are very compact, with the OM-2n being the most "pro" level of the group. The N90s was "pro-sumer" and the F4s is, of course, pro. The F100 is also pro-sumer, but I don't own one so I can't speak to it. N90/N90s bodies and older AF lenses can be had for a song. The F4s is the most compatible with MF/AI Nikkors, but is also big and heavy, not much different from my ETRS. I have all of these cameras (and more) and these are the ones I tend to use most for casual shooting. Check out Ken Rockwell's site for more info on the Nikon stuff (http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/index.htm). Hope this helps.

Ulysses

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin