Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,112   Online: 844

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kodak Bantam?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodak's plural there's more than one of them Eastman Kodak and Kodak Ltd, the first American the other British and their Bantam cameras differed as well, the EK versions were made in the US some of the European versions in Germany in the Nagel factory.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is unperforated 35mm rolled onto a metal spool with backing paper, in the style of 120 film. I have not tried rolling my own yet, but it should be possible if you salvage some backing paper or make your own. I am not sure what 35mm films are available in non-perf bulk rolls.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    Just got the camera today. No spool inside and the metal is kind of flimsy. No holes in bellows! shutter works fine and i am very pleased. also came with a leather case.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A Bantam is handy for using up some of that unperforated microfilm and school portrait film floating around online. If you cut it right you can use the 4.5x6 markings on 120 paper backing to advance the film. The spacing is a little wide but you can still fit 8 exposures on a spool.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/playbas...7610812337281/
    Turning negative into positive since 1975

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Someone on *bay has been offering unperf 35mm Portra 160 NC in 100 ft rolls.
    Michael Cienfuegos

If you don't want to stand behind our troops, please feel free to stand in front of them.

Shooter
    127 Format
    You might be able to fashion a take-up spool from an old 126 Instamatic cartridge. They are much thinner than 35mm cassette spools.

But then, it may just be easier to find an 828 spool than an old 126 Instamatic cartridge !
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can recommend ultrafineonline / photo warehouse if you are in the US and want to try some color work

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ht_4323wt_1137

they are an advertising partner here on apug and have treated me great

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin