Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,799   Online: 679

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Any other 75mm lenses for 35mm cameras?

Outside of the 75mm lens in Leica, and the current screwmount Voigtlander for RF's, was there any other production for 35mm cameras, RF or SLR?
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I think there is a pentax 75mm limited
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There was the 75mm/f4 Pantar (made by Rodenstock) for the Zeiss Contaflex Alpha/Beta/Prima SLRs in the late 1950s and early 1960s.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I kinda see where you are going with this Wayne. 85mm gets you too close sometimes and 50mm allows for distorted perspective when up close.

Have you tried a 58mm lens like the minolta rokkor or canon fd?
    8mm doesn't sound like a big difference, but its 15% longer than a 50mm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There was a Zeiss Jena Biotar 75mm f/1.5 which was supposed to be exceptional...
    (Exakta, Praktina & M42 mount)
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by darinwc View Post
    I kinda see where you are going with this Wayne. 85mm gets you too close sometimes and 50mm allows for distorted perspective when up close.

Have you tried a 58mm lens like the minolta rokkor or canon fd?
    8mm doesn't sound like a big difference, but its 15% longer than a 50mm.
    Actually there's just something natural about the perspective of a 75mm lens for me. I tried different focal lengths with a zoom at one time and the 75 seemed to emulate what my eyes see. Also whenever I use a 100mm lens I sometimes have problems with dof because I tend to shoot at short distances, 18ft or under. The 50mm's tend to take in too much extraneous landscape, and the 100mm's are a little too long especially concerning dof in the shorter ranges. Interesting enough in LF, some of the guys keep their lens progression at a 1.4 multiplier. In 35mm. if you keep the same 1.4 multiplier you wind up at 75mm from the 50mm focal length, and I have thought about getting a multiplier for my Canon, Pentax or Minolta, but I'd prefer better resolution. Of course at smaller prints it's probably nothing to worry about.

Overall I ask as I really want a prime and prefer to stay away from the bigger zooms which tend to make me too lazy. But on the RF's dof is by lens markings and I would prefer one on a SLR. The 70 limited on a Pentax might work but the cost is too high.

I think I'll see if I can find a zoom lens I have thats marked such that I can approximate something around 58mm. I've always wondered about them. Good idea.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rol_Lei Nut View Post
    There was a Zeiss Jena Biotar 75mm f/1.5 which was supposed to be exceptional...
    (Exakta, Praktina & M42 mount)
    I just checked Ebay for the heck of it. Pricier then I thought.
    W.A. Crider

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    keh has a panatar 75mm f4 on sale for $39

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Pentax has the DA 70/2.4 Limited (no aperture ring) and the FA 77/1.8 Limited (with aperture ring). The 77 is more expensive than the 70, but is a real work of art. The 77 will work with all the k-mount cameras, while the 70 will require one that can set aperture from the body (most of the AF cameras will do this, I think)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The 75mm f:2.5 Voigtlander that you mentioned in Leica screw mount was also available in mounts for several SLR brands for a while. You might be able to find one used, but I suspect they're rare.

http://www.cameraquest.com/Voigt%20SL.htm#Voigtlander 75/2.5 Color-Heliar

The 'current' screwmount 75mm f:2.5 Voigtlander has also been discontinued. It has been replaced by a 75mm f:1.8 with M-mount.

http://www.cameraquest.com/voigtlen.htm#75mm 1.8

Lee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin