Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,752   Posts: 1,515,866   Online: 1003

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I'm slowly building experience with repair as I'd like to build a camera some day, but that boggles my mind.

I wish I had a skillset like that. I'm just a programmer - I don't have any of the construction skills to pull off something 1/100th complex. This just made me realize how far something like this is beyond my reach.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Legge View Post
    This just made me realize how far something like this is beyond my reach.
    However, it made me realize just how close a reach it is for someone with the desire and proper skill set. (That's not me, either - at least regarding the skill set.)

The idea that only gigantic corporations staffed by elites can ever hope to produce something of worth like this is just silly. The right tools, the skills to operate them, a little imagination and vision, and a whole lot of bulldog drive are all that's needed.

I harbor immense respect for those who just won't take no for an answer.

"Don't tell me that can't be done, or that I can't possibly do it..."

Ken
    "Hate is an adolescent term used to stop discussion with people you disagree with. You can do better than that."
    —'blanksy', December 13, 2013

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What a project, love the old indestructible "Sovjet" technology look of it, as tough as a tank.
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I postulated on the leica group, a possibility of a Wikicamera, where various hobbyists with specific skills and tools came together to make, say a IIIRD and shipped parts to each other and finally assembled the camera. this would take organization and skill. But a wikiSLR with interchangeable lens mounts would be awesome

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin