Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,685   Posts: 1,548,573   Online: 1180

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Using m42 lens adaptor with asahi pentax auto takumar 55mm f2.2

Thanks to APUGers, I bought a M42 lens adaptor to use on my Canon FD bodies. I originally bought it for 135mm 3.5 Takumar. I also have a asahi pentax auto takumar 55mm f2.2. The lens doesn't stop down when I turn the f stop ring. My question is can I only use it wide open with the adaptor? Any insight will be appreciated.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    With the lens out of the adapter, push in the pin at the bottom. The lens should stop down. Now resist the urge to open the lens by "cocking" the silver lever since your camera and adapter don't push the pin in. Anytime you accidentally set the lens wide open, you'll have to remove it and push the pin in.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hey Bill. I'll give it a try. So the lens should stop down and open up when I turn the f stop ring?

Thanks!
    Don

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin