Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,960   Online: 956

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm RF
    You can use lighter fluid to remove that foam goo from focusing screens, but if it gets on the matte side, that's a different story.

My method of cleaning one-piece screens is to remove them, clean them using my fingers with dish washing soap under running water. Once it's clean, I hold it securely by the edges, shake off the excess and dry with compressed air. I've done this maybe 30 or 40 times without a problem with all types of cameras.

With two-piece screens, that's a different story, and you have to be very careful.

I also once had to remove a dead ant that had gotten between the prism and the focusing screen (Minolta SRT 202).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    great feedback. sounds like everything you shouldn't do, i did. Lol. I got it so the spots are gone so I'm happy for now. thanks again for all the great advice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin