Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,760   Posts: 1,516,065   Online: 831

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by heinzkeinz View Post
    I'm likely going to get another EOS body, it seems. I have a bunch of EF lenses that I am loath to part with. I have broken two EOS bodies in the past month and a half, though, so I am getting a bit frustrated. (Door latch on both. I promise I'm not abusing them, they just seem to be flimsy.)

I've got an Elan IIe and 7ne. Is the 1n that much more durable? They're pretty cheap out there, so I'm thinking about it.
    The 1n should have a significantly higher build quality. However, when buying a used one keep in mind that the 1n is likely to have been used by a professional. You can get an Elan7 in excellent condition because its previous owner didn't use it that much, but with the 1n that might be a bit more difficult.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Once you have used EOS-1 series bodies there really is no going back, the build quality, autofocus, metering and features are unmatched though the 3 is close. Otherwise, get something older like the 600/620/630/650 series which were the first ones made and ironically the best built aside from the 1-series. My 650 was made in 1988, still going strong. Doesn't focus as fast as my EOS-1N RS but for 99% of what you need it does it all.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    There is a chinese company that produces adapters to use EOS lenses - wide open - on Olympus Pen F/FT half frame SLRs and other SLR systems. They are pretty expensive, though, and there is no power source, no aperture control, no stabilizer, no AF, of course.
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin