Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,222   Posts: 1,532,475   Online: 1113

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sold this morning on eBay: OM-3Ti for $2249.
    Dave

"She's always out making pictures, She's always out making scenes.
    She's always out the window, When it comes to making Dreams.

It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up, It's all mixed up."

From It's All Mixed Up by The Cars

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CGW View Post
    Relative to contemporary Nikon/Canon sales, Oly put fewer of their cameras and lenses on the market.
    Fewer sales tend to have that effect.

FWIW, I have had nothing but good luck here, on these forums, re: camera sales. Always a good variety of items. There's always KEH as well, I suppose. Plenty of places other than the 'bay.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    snapper,

Since the OM prices are rising faster than the Hasselblad prices, you should jump into getting a Hasselblad setup and selling the OM lenses. [My bad!]

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mopar_guy View Post
    Sold this morning on eBay: OM-3Ti for $2249.
    Meanwhile Pentax K1000s, Nikkormats, and canon AE-1s are going for peanuts. One crazy sale does not a market make. On the other hand, these cameras are actually selling, if not necessarily for a lot of money. Which would seem to really be the most important thing. These aren't collector's items; these cameras are coming out of closets and estates and going to people who might actually use them.

I guess what we really need is for someone to create a database of sales of film cameras on ebay, sorted by brand and type, with lenses and so on. Then over time you could make a kind of market index.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Moopheus View Post
    Meanwhile Pentax K1000s, Nikkormats, and canon AE-1s are going for peanuts. One crazy sale does not a market make. On the other hand, these cameras are actually selling, if not necessarily for a lot of money. Which would seem to really be the most important thing. These aren't collector's items; these cameras are coming out of closets and estates and going to people who might actually use them.

I guess what we really need is for someone to create a database of sales of film cameras on ebay, sorted by brand and type, with lenses and so on. Then over time you could make a kind of market index.
    The OM-3Ti is a Hand made camera and only a few thousand were produced, unlike the K-1000. The price in today's auction is not really that "crazy".

Apples and oranges.
    Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Buy It Now prices are a bad way to judge value. You would be better off looking at completed auctions, KEH, and placing the average value somewhere in between the two.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mopar_guy View Post
    The OM-3Ti is a Hand made camera and only a few thousand were produced, unlike the K-1000. The price in today's auction is not really that "crazy".

Apples and oranges.
    Yes, I get that. In fact, that was sort of the point. It's a collector's item, that has little impact on the market for people buying cameras for actual use, or whether people are paying more them, which I don't really think they are.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Moopheus View Post
    Yes, I get that. In fact, that was sort of the point. It's a collector's item, that has little impact on the market for people buying cameras for actual use, or whether people are paying more them, which I don't really think they are.
    Thanks for pointing that out. I should take the roll of Kodachrome out of my camera and put it away in a box or in a cupboard. I am sure that the 20 or so rolls of film that I have put through my OM-3Ti have decreased it's value for collectors. On the other hand, I really like to use this camera. Olympus made these to be used, and that is what I will do.
    Dave

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapper View Post
    So are we seeing Olympus as flavour of the month at the moment? If film really is 'dead' then who is buying these cameras? Collectors? Hoarders?
    High school and university photography students
    Bachelor of Fine Arts and Bachelor of Arts: Journalism - University of Arkansas 2014

Canon A-1, Canon AE-1, Canon Canonet GIII 17, Argus 21, Rolleicord Va, Mamiya RB67, Voigtländer Bessa

http://darkroom317.deviantart.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As a user/collector of things OM, I can often times help folks satisfy their itch for OM gear. Send a PM with your needs/wants and 3% goes to Apug. Bill Barber

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin