Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,822   Posts: 1,581,943   Online: 935

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The price of 35mm always goes up around this time of year for two reasons, students taking photography courses and people wanting extra cash for the holidays. I have seen some ridiculous prices on Craigslist, 350 for a 50mm 1.4 non-AI, 1500 dollars for a Canon F1 with a motor drive. Get the hell out of here.

Best time to shop 35mm is right after the holidays people are looking to unload after running up credit card bills and needing to pay them off quickly. Look for your OM then.
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit, under the knife for a bit
    4x5 Graphic View / Schneider 180 / Ektar 127
    RB67 Pro S / 50 4.5 / 90 3.8 / 180 4.5 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    Random 35mm stuff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Finally, success! Om-2n body, £40, looks in a decent condition
    Hi snapper. Hope it turns out OK. Have a good look at the light seal foam and the mirror cushions. If they are even slightly sticky it needs a CLA and the foams changing. I am sure you know about the prism foam - under the top cover the OM 1s and 2s had foam on top of the prism that degrades and eats away the mirroring - shows up as "stains" along bottom of viewfinder.

I would recommend getting in touch with Mike Spencer at http://www.camerarepairs-r-us.co.uk/ and think about a service - he only charges around £45 including foam replacement, and if you are intending keeping it for a good while, it would be a good investment.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Film is not dead, but to base any assumption of it's current health on the availability of Olympus OM cameras is mistaken logic.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    To bad you don't live closer, I have an OM-1n with 2 lenses you could have had for a few bottles of good cider.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Did I read something about the d.g.t.l PEN camera's with adapters giving new connections for old lenses?
    Maybe the camera's are worth "nothing" but the f1.8 lenses are worth "hundreds" $/€/£?

rhmimac
    Give me some more E6 film…

please...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    It's true http://www.olympus.co.uk/consumer/21...mf-2_21785.htm watch prices rise on old zuiko!

Shooter
    35mm
    I usually sell OM-1/1N, 2/2N bodies (overhauled of course) for $200 - $225. What might be listed as a bargain by some dealers (which I have seen several times in the last month) have speeds that are all over the place along with rotted back foam. John

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've been buying Ilford B/W of all ASAS at 8 bucks a rool.
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin