Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,236   Online: 876

Can a Contax N1 be fixed?

My beloved Contax N1 (autofocus Contax 35mm) will take about 5 or 6 photos fine and then show "EEEE" on the LCD. Recycling the power will make it work fine for 5 or 6 photos.

I guess I could live with it but does anyone know is this a software "reset issue" or do I need to get it fixed. I am not sure where to even get it fixed (who would have the CPU)?

KEH? Any ideas?

Thanks, Jeffrey
    --Jeffrey

www.jsteinbergphoto.com (my avocation)
    www.reversis.com (my vocation)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I hope someone has this information because I too have an N1. Nice camera...for an orphan.

Morry Katz - Lethbridge, Canada

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Try TOCAD in NY State. I hear they still repair Contax (officially?) or send they back to Japan for repair. I think I'll be sending my RTS III there.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff L View Post
    Try TOCAD in NY State. I hear they still repair Contax (officially?) or send they back to Japan for repair. I think I'll be sending my RTS III there.
    Thanks for the TOCAD link. I will be sending it there. They mention they don't repair certain RTS models due to limited parts availability. But they give the name of a company to contract.

Good luck and thanks for the link.
    --Jeffrey

www.jsteinbergphoto.com (my avocation)
    www.reversis.com (my vocation)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin