Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,125   Online: 1103

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Metz 48 flash on Pentax ME-F & P30t

I had a very used Sunpak Auto 422D flash that I used with my ME-F. Unfortunately the 422D has died. I also have a Metz 48 AF-1 flash that I bought for my K200D. I'd like to use it with the ME-F and the P30t. It functions in manual mode on the P30t and ME-F and and I was wondering if anyone knew if the TTL or any other features would work? Neither the ME-F or the P30t show any feedback from the flash, so I am thinking no, but are there any setting in the #$@%% menus on the Metz that might make it work?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    After doing some further research and experiments, I found out that the flash will only operate as a fully manual flash with anything older than just a few years. You use the standard guide number calculations and guide numbers are given in the back of the manual.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin