Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,695   Posts: 1,549,054   Online: 1040

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Nicholas - you may have it - I was writing my reply when you posted yours. That would, indeed 'splain everything.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Check focus at infinity with a ground glass on the film rails. If the focus is off at infinity it's off at close distances too.
    If the lens won't focus to infinity, that suggests two possible faults.
    1)the simplest is the focusing ring has slipped. Remove the decorator ring and under it there should be three screws. Adjust the lens to infinity, loosen the screws and move the focusing ring to the infinity stop. It should move freely, tighten the screws.
    2)If the helical is off a thread, It's easier to do than describe, but the mount has to be removed, focus ring removed, stop down lever and spring removed, then the hard part. Unscrew the helical and move it one thread either direction. It'll get better or worse. Better? leave it alone. Worse? Move it two threads in the opposite direction & put all the stuff back in place.:P
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hmm. Sounds like that's the issue!

Still find it a tad odd that the mirror can go up, but not down if the element was protruding back. You'd think it wouldn't work both ways.

I think I'll get the lens fixed though. I like the feel of it. I'm lucky enough that I have a good place that does pro repairs on site just down the street from where I live. I'll get an estimate to see if its worth it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin