Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,119   Online: 910

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Canon EOS 1-V

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Be it noted that very recently the Manager of a pro lab, trying to clear a backlog of jobs on a Friday afternoon, put my B&W NEOPAN ACROS 100 in the E6 tank with 4 rolls of Provia and a precious roll of 35mm Velvia (!). Period. When one of the staff pointed out what he did when packing the finished job, there was a lot of earnest explaining to do — from his receptionist, who took the time to write a very succinct precis of the shemozzle! And the boss? He was nowhere to be found when I turned up. This is what you and I got: nothing on the 120 B&W roll but very faint images — virtually clear film, from cross-processing. It is the first time ever I have experienced a pro-level lab botching a roll like this (a high street mini lab botched a Velvia roll last year), so maybe don't think it is restricted to just minilabs. I was not charged for any processing or courier. These things have to be treated in hindsight: without the lab and its 99% flawless work, there is no E6... Always an element of risk that needs to be accepted gracefully.

PS: Maybe the title of this thread should not be "Canon EOS 1-V", but "Botching film process" because there's nothing to point the finger at about Canon's finest.
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Not good enough to suit me! I had a similar botch-up of 5x4 color neg. after spending several thousand dollars visiting Cairns. Since then I have processed my own color neg. with marked improvement in quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    Be it noted that very recently the Manager of a pro lab, trying to clear a backlog of jobs on a Friday afternoon, put my B&W NEOPAN ACROS 100 in the E6 tank with 4 rolls of Provia and a precious roll of 35mm Velvia (!). Period. When one of the staff pointed out what he did when packing the finished job, there was a lot of earnest explaining to do — from his receptionist, who took the time to write a very succinct precis of the shemozzle! And the boss? He was nowhere to be found when I turned up. This is what you and I got: nothing on the 120 B&W roll but very faint images — virtually clear film, from cross-processing. It is the first time ever I have experienced a pro-level lab botching a roll like this (a high street mini lab botched a Velvia roll last year), so maybe don't think it is restricted to just minilabs. I was not charged for any processing or courier. These things have to be treated in hindsight: without the lab and its 99% flawless work, there is no E6... Always an element of risk that needs to be accepted gracefully.

PS: Maybe the title of this thread should not be "Canon EOS 1-V", but "Botching film process" because there's nothing to point the finger at about Canon's finest.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you so much guys for all the responses, I know now what the problem was, and it was all because of your responses. I'm truly happy to see so many real photographers out there, and I look forward to getting to your level. Thanks again, and I look forward to getting to know all of you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Welcome to APUG!

Sorry about your luck. B&W is not that hard to do yourself. I'm told even color isn't that hard so I may need to try it though if you have both color and B&W chems and films at home I suppose you can even do this screw-up yourself if you aren't careful! It has been reported by others here, blank film which is a shame. Once the film is in the tank you can't check it until its too late.

Nice camera you have. I am a Canon fan myself and the 1-series is wonderful to use. I'm just about to tank a roll of Ilford Delta 400 that I shot in my EOS-1N RS.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm looking at the Patterson kit with Ilford Solutions. I heard it's a good choice for Tri-x film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a smattering of Patterson in my eclectic darkroom but I mostly use Ilford chems and films and papers.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin