Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,900   Posts: 1,584,394   Online: 668

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Rear caps for Olympus Pen FT lenses?

I love my tiny half-frame SLR, but what I don't like are the outrageous prices for 'everything Pen' and a general problem with the non-availability of certain things.

One of these are just simple rear caps for Pen FT lenses.

Any idea where to buy such caps at reasonable prices?
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's just particular to common items with these cameras. I suspect rear caps got lost or tossed pretty frequently.
    I looked at Pen F front caps on the bay and was really surprised how outrageous they were. Then I said to myself
    "self" I should unload the ones I've got sitting in a drawer $$$
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    127 Format
    You might try a replacement cap for an Olympus or Panasonic Micro 4/3 lens. I'm sure you can get those fairly reasonable as they are current replacement parts.

I have one and will try it tonight to see if it fits. I'll report back here with my findings.
    - Bill Lynch

I've been everywhere ooooohhh yeaahhhh still I'm standing tall.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cmo View Post
    I love my tiny half-frame SLR, but what I don't like are the outrageous prices for 'everything Pen' and a general problem with the non-availability of certain things.

One of these are just simple rear caps for Pen FT lenses.

Any idea where to buy such caps at reasonable prices?
    That's the trouble with so many collectors on the hunt
    "He took to writing poetry and visiting the elves: and though many shook their heads and touched their foreheads and said 'Poor old Baggins!' and though few believed any of his tales, he remained very happy till the end of his days, and those were extraordinarily long "- JRR Tolkien, ' The Hobbit '.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Okay, I tried a rear cap from a Panasonic G1 lens on a Pen-F 50-90. It works!

So you may be able to get a rear cap for a Micro 4/3 lens very easily since they're in current production.
    - Bill Lynch

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Wow, thanks for that, this is really helpful.
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My local camera repair man found a great replacement for rear caps for my pen lenses. The yellow caps from the old Kodak filter containers work great. There are different sizes, and I forget which one works, but they thread on with a partial turn and do a great job at protecting the lens. A great new use for something that was otherwise just sitting around.

Shooter
    35mm
    The Kodak yellow caps are from series 5 cases. I've used them for years. I have also purchased a couple of the m4:3 rear caps and they fit....more or less. Don't jam them on too tight as they can be hard to remove. I'll bet they vary a great deal depending on what third party Chinese vendor make them.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin