Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,681   Online: 864

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    My most used medium telephoto lens is the Canon FD 85mm f1.2L because I'm primarily a portrait photographer, I bought new about twenty three years ago and paid an arm and a leg for it at the time but never regretted it, but IMO the most generally useful medium telephoto prime lens is somewhere around 100mm which gives you twice the magnification of the 50mm lens and is still fairly small and easy to handle and is good for portraits as well as general outdoor photography.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 12-08-2010 at 06:22 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Tamron 28-300 VC, works with my N80 and my D700. Great for walking around and only taking one lens.
    Steve Long

my blog: http://wayofuncertainty.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    Jupiter-9 85/2 (M42 mount). Fairly inexpensive when I picked it up. It's a Soviet-era Sonnar clone, so good bokeh and great for portraits. It lives on a Spotmatic at the moment.

The only issue with the J-9 is the lack of automatic aperture. Not a big deal, but many times I've thought auto aperture would be useful. Unfortunately, I shoot Pentax K and M42, and with Pentax's complete backwards-compatibility for K-mount, it seems digital shooters snap up the portrait length auto aperture lenses so they go for stupid prices now.
    i can't wait to take a picture of my thumb with this beautiful camera.

- phirehouse, after buying a camera in the classifieds

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Here, the most used medium tele is the only one I have at the moment. A factory AI'd 180/2.8 Nikkor-P. My next longest lens is my 85/1.8 factory AI'd Nikkor. I may borrow my sister's 70-300 AF-S for use on the F5 (or on the D1H) from time to time. Probably won't use it on the F4s when that body comes, though. The lack of an aperture ring is an issue, since I usually shoot in either aperture-priority or manual mode.

-J
    APUG: F4, F2AS, F, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My fav tele is 180/2.8 ED AIS. Top quality lens.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mabman View Post
    Jupiter-9 85/2 (M42 mount). Fairly inexpensive when I picked it up. It's a Soviet-era Sonnar clone, so good bokeh and great for portraits. It lives on a Spotmatic at the moment.

My most recent lens purchase was a nice Zeiss Sonnar 135mm with an M42 mount which is now permanently fitted to one of my Spotmatics.

EDIT: When I say 'permanently fitted' it's not as if it's glued on or anything!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Zeiss Planar 100mm f2 for Contax. Just amazing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My most used medium tele lens probably isn't considered medium at all, it's the Nikon 85 f/2. Next after that is the 200 f/4. Anything longer is impossible to shoot hand held and carrying a tripod is, for me, anathema. It's just not my style. My most used lens? It's not a long lens at all, it's the 24 mm f/2.8. I like to get in close, take the shot, and move on.
    Frank Schifano

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin