Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,739   Posts: 1,515,537   Online: 1090

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Minolta X-570 shutter not firing

Just thought I'd check and see if anyone here can confirm that I've got the same capacitor issue that crops up with x-700's.
    Basically everything seems to be working until I push down on the shutter release. As soon as I do it's as if I've turned the camera off. The LED's all go out and nothing else happens. If I do turn off the camera and then back on the LED's will light up when I touch the shutter. I thought the batteries might be dying but replacing them didn't solve the problem. If this is the capacitor(s) going bad, as I've read happens with X-700's, I think I'll probably send it to http://www.garryscamera.com/ for repair.
    Anyone else have this happen?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wow. Sounds like it's shorting out or something. Don't have those problems with the old sr-T's so can't help you there. Ralph Javins might happen along and have soe better input.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    35mm
    Yeah I guess it does sort of sound like a short... not sure what caused it to start so suddenly though. I literally took a picture and on the next one this happened. First time it's ever been an issue.
    It's a shame because I just gave a perfectly good srt-101 away.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It only takes the first time for something bad to happen. Just throwing things out there for more info for the next guy.

Has it been dropped lately?
    Has it gotten wet or been left in a car during extreme temp changes (ie. condensation)?
    Have you been using flash on the hotshoe and, if so, no issues there?
    Does the timer work?

Just brainstorming electronic issues that might shed some light. That's all.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jono1515 View Post
    Just thought I'd check and see if anyone here can confirm that I've got the same capacitor issue that crops up with x-700's.
    Basically everything seems to be working until I push down on the shutter release. As soon as I do it's as if I've turned the camera off. The LED's all go out and nothing else happens. If I do turn off the camera and then back on the LED's will light up when I touch the shutter. I thought the batteries might be dying but replacing them didn't solve the problem. If this is the capacitor(s) going bad, as I've read happens with X-700's, I think I'll probably send it to http://www.garryscamera.com/ for repair.
    Anyone else have this happen?
    Yup, on a mint X700 that "died pretty" last summer and got pitched. Unless the repair is almost free, I'd just look for another one and shoot till it drops, too.

Shooter
    35mm
    As far as I know it hasn't been dropped... but I doubt my girlfriend would tell me she's knocked it off a table if I ask her.
    Hasn't gotten wet or seen any extreme temp changes since the last time I used it. It's been sitting in my apartment for the past month or two without being used until this morning.
    I've never used a flash or anything else on the hotshoe.
    The timer does work. That was what I tried after my initial few attempts to get it to fire. With the timer on, as soon as you press the shutter release the LED's go out in the viewfinder and then the timer counts down, but then nothing happens and I have to turn the camera off and back on again to get any response from it again.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I go capacitor or a short. More likely a short.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm waiting to hear back from Garry's to see how much this might be to fix. If it's around $50 I'll probably send it in. I really like the x-570. I've had x-700's and srt-101's, and I currently also have an x-370 but the x-570 is my favorite by far.
    Anyway, thanks again for the ideas.

Jon

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You're welcome.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    DE Darkroom

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Take the batteries out.
    Take a good look inside the battery compartment.
    Take a good look at the contacting points and make sure they are really clean, if in doubt clean them with some medical alcohol, or WHYG, on earsticks, you know the sticks with cotton on each side to clean out your ears.
    Check the voltage of the battery again.
    Just a few days ago I bought a X-570 and I thought the electronics were gone , but to my suprise it is working again.

Best regards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin