Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,922   Posts: 1,556,639   Online: 1314

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras

I have a camera coming..

Hi,

Folllowing on from my original post of the 20th Nov (would-be 35mm user) I have a Pentax P30n with a Pentax A 28-80 lens coming next week. . It was very cheap so I can afford to have it serviced if necessary, as pointed out.

I originally intended to get a prime 50mm lens, 1.7mm as advised. However on looking up the prices of this lens I find that the ones in good condition are about three times what I've paid which strikes me as odd. Anyway, I wonder if there is another make and model of prime lens that will fit my P30n and be cheaper? Just to get me under way, you understand.

Told you I'd have more questions - they've started before I have the camera.......

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I hope you enjoy your 'new' camera.

Jeff

Shooter
    127 Format
    Later you will realize the value of a good prime lens over a zoom. But for now, get going and enjoy the heck outta that kit!!!

Film Rulez
    - Bill Lynch

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The P30 is a nice simple camera you can take anyware.

The reason 50mm lenses are over priced is that digital users use them as a portrait
    lens on a 3/4 sensor camera and pentax has kept the K mount.

Enjoy the camera

Johnkpap

Shooter
    35mm
    hi try buying ricoh, cosina, vivtar any of the lesser known k mount brands

all 50 mm lens are great

good for low light and boken effects

get a reversing ring for becoming a macro on stick onsome small and cheap close up filters

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bettonbaby View Post
    Hi,

F

I originally intended to get a prime 50mm lens, 1.7mm as advised. However on looking up the prices of this lens I find that the ones in good condition are about three times what I've paid which strikes me as odd. Anyway, I wonder if there is another make and model of prime lens that will fit my P30n and be cheaper? Just to get me under way, you understand.

Told you I'd have more questions - they've started before I have the camera.......
    1.7 of course should be f/1.7. Or f:1.7. Or similar.

A 50mm f2 will do fine. It doesn't have the reputation of the 1.7, but it's no slouch. If you want auto, get the A lens. It has more plastic than the 50mm f/2 M, but they did it well. Otherwise, the 50mm f/2 M does fine. I have both, and have no complaints about either. I like the all-metal feel of the M better, but he A has the better grip pattern on the focusing ring, so I like that about it. They're not expensive.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Thanks, guys. Glad to know that I don't have to spend a fortune on lenses to get something workable.

It's deep snow and ice here in England at the moment and I'm hoping that the conditions won't delay delivery of my camera. I'm really looking forward to it.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin