Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,927   Posts: 1,585,155   Online: 855

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Never used Nikon F2SB

I have a Nikon F2SB black body with no paint missing with DP-3 viewfinder that has never had 1 roll of film through it. I bought the camera in '77.
    Is this camera worth anything? If so, what is the going rate?
    Also have a used Nikkor.C 80-200mm zoom. Is that lens worth anything?

Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The F2SB is worth something, KEH has one listed in Exc condition for about $750, as for the lens, I have no clue.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Found this eBay listing for what sounds like the same lens. Some minor flaws though.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Nikon-Nikkor-C-A...#ht_500wt_1156
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The lens isn't as desirable as the body, of course.

With respect to the body, before I'd use it, I'd have it refoamed, even though it's new. The dust seals and mirror cushion will deteriorate, even if there hasn't been any film loaded into the camera ever. Since it's 33 years old, stuff may be getting sticky and gooey.

-J
    APUG: F2AS x2, F, FM2n, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 20/3.5 UD, 24/2.8 AI, 50/2 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 50/1.4 S, 55/2.8 Micro AIS, 85/1.8 K, 135/3.5 QC

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by John_Nikon_F View Post
    The lens isn't as desirable as the body, of course.

With respect to the body, before I'd use it, I'd have it refoamed, even though it's new. The dust seals and mirror cushion will deteriorate, even if there hasn't been any film loaded into the camera ever. Since it's 33 years old, stuff may be getting sticky and gooey.

-J
    Who can I send it to to get it checked out?

Shooter
    Large Format
    The premier shop for F2 repairs is SOVER WONG. I'll send my F2 there when it needs service. However, he is located in the UK.

Another shop that I've used, with excellent service, in the US is FOTOCAMERA REPAIR, Pete Smith, at 30950 S. Military Trail, Suite 15 & 16, Lake Worth FL 33463 Phone 561-433-8434

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The premier shop for F2 repairs is SOVER WONG. I'll send my F2 there when it needs service. However, he is located in the UK.

Another shop that I've used, with excellent service, in the US is FOTOCAMERA REPAIR, Pete Smith, at 30950 S. Military Trail, Suite 15 & 16, Lake Worth FL 33463 Phone 561-433-8434
    I've had my F2 cameras serviced by Sover Wong and lenses serviced by Pete Smith. Both repairers do top notch work. Sover's website is worth a visit whether or not you choose to ship to him.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    You can sell your camera here at APUG Classifieds after Subscribed 12 dollars
    per 6 months. I think you can sell it at half an hour . Subscription to Paypal in this time range , easy the transaction.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello,
    I'm interested in your unused F2SB. Will you offer for sale and if so, what is the price?
    Thanks.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Who should you send it to? Where are you located in the world? Always tell people if you're in the U.S., U.K., Australia or whatever.

Regarding the body, I would test fire it to make sure that it works. Also, hopefully, you never put any batteries into the body.

And make sure that deteriorating foam doesn't get into the shutter mechanics. Because then you'll really have problems.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin