Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,693   Posts: 1,548,971   Online: 820

Shooter
    35mm

Weber Camera, Fremont Nebraska - anyone near?

I contacted Greg Weber before Thanksgiving, by email, and I sent my Konica T3 off to him for CLA. Since then I've heard not a peep from him. I'm about to use... the telephone.

Seriously, how can a guy have a website and reply to emails initially but then ignore you once you send your gear to him?
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A phone call is always friendly and helpful with Mr. Weber. I'm guessing that he is not real computer-dependent and prefers to deal directly by conversation. He's very reliable and consistent. I would assume that something got mislaid or lost, perhaps? The phone that I have for him is: 402-721-3873. I believe that is still accurate.
    Craig Schroeder

lns

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't know this fellow from Adam, but it seems to me poor form to post this complaint. It's been, what, 1 or 2 weeks? During the busy-for-everyone holiday season. Give him time, call him if you are that impatient -- but please don't complain about someone on a public forum as your first step. Would you like your business to be treated this way?

-Laura

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by lns View Post
    I don't know this fellow from Adam, but it seems to me poor form to post this complaint. It's been, what, 1 or 2 weeks? During the busy-for-everyone holiday season. Give him time, call him if you are that impatient -- but please don't complain about someone on a public forum as your first step. Would you like your business to be treated this way?

-Laura
    I initiated contact via email. He responded promptly. I'm not sure how I'm attacking someone who hasn't responded in the same form of communication I have always used to contact him. IMHO it's "poor form" as you call it to accept work and then not even bother to say "Hey, I'm real busy, but will get to you as soon as I can." which would be fine and dandy. It doesn't ake a lot of effort.

And again, it's not an attack. I posted this to see if anyone was near Fremont NE and might know if the guy was dead, hospitalized, or whatever so I didn't intrude if in fact he has had something bad happen to him.

I do appreciate your condemnation though. I'll keep it with me this holiday season as a reminder of how fickle people on the internet are.
    In life you only get one great dog, one great car, and one great woman. Pet the dog. Drive the car. Make love to the woman. Don't mix them up.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had read somewhere on the internet he has had some health issues recently. He did a really outstanding job with some Koni Omega stuff I sent him. I need to find a 180mm on ebay and send that to him. Thanks for reminding me!

Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebarger View Post
    I had read somewhere on the internet he has had some health issues recently. He did a really outstanding job with some Koni Omega stuff I sent him. I need to find a 180mm on ebay and send that to him. Thanks for reminding me!

Mike
    Thanks Mike, I will hope he gets feeling better and simply wait on him to get back to me. Ultimately a person's health is far more important than a silly camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lns View Post

-Laura
    I agree totally about people who try to resolve complaints by posting them publicly. Greg Weber is a class act and doesn't deserve this.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    It was a smiple question. Some of you are making too much of this. Go put your head in the fridge and cool off a bit.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    35mm
    I've dealt with Mr. Weber before and yes, he's great. He sometimes doesn't respond to emails very quickly. I expressed frustration with only that, never at all a question of his service, and I think it's fair that everyone can know that publicly.

I apologize if I've offended Mr. Weber in any way.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin