Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,226   Posts: 1,532,674   Online: 795

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras

my P30n is here!

A bit delayed by the weather, of course. I think I'm going to be delighted with it. Just using the film advance lever and pressing the button feels nice.

A few questions:

The dial around the shooting button is, I think, the speed of the shutter? On this there is a green Auto position. If I select this, does it override any other setting on the camera?

I ask this because on the Aperture ring around the lens is another A position , though this one is in red. I suspect that selecting this would make the shooting mode aperture priority? If it does, would I have to make sure that the shutter ring is not in the A position too?

The lights in the viewfinder: red M for manual mode? Sometimes a green shutter number will be shown that flickers between an adjacent number. Does that mean the setting is round about in the right place? Sometimes an amber number will be displayed with another amber number below it: is the lower one what the setting should be?

Sorry about the elementary questions. I have managed to find and download a manual as a PDF file but I can't print it out. I have trouble with PDF's which can make life difficult.

I'll be popping off a few shots tomorrow: don't want to waste them

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I gave my P30 to my nephew so can't double check but yes the shutter speeds are around the shutter release and Auto overrides them, lens in A position means the camera will work in either full Program mode of shutter and lens set to Auto or just one or other. Lens in manula shuter in auto or vice versa.

Look up Butkus camera manuals he'll have the full Pentax manual for you

Ian

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Thanks Ian. Going to load film and shoot a bit now.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin