Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,214   Posts: 1,532,113   Online: 1082

Shooter
    35mm

well getting another camera

im getting a chinon CE-4s comes with a 25-200 Vivitar Zoom. and original Chinon 50mm lens.

dont when ill be getting it as xmas and all but will post some pics when i get it

anyone had this camera i see it has a shutter speed of 2000th of a sec my pentax only dose 1000th of a sec
    Leave nothing but footprints.Kill nothing but time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Good morning, CyberSpider;

While many of us have looked with a jaundiced eye at many of the things coming from China, many of them have proven to be quite good. Yes, there have been some things that were worthy of our questions, but a lot of them are very good value. Thinking back to the 1950s, there were many similar questions about things coming from Japan. Now look where Japan is not only with the photographic industry, but also with motorcycles, automobiles, televisions, radios, computers, ships, airplanes, and many other products.

When your Chinon CE-4s arrives, try it. Take photographs with it. See what you get. Look at the prints you receive. If you like them, good. If it is doing the job for you, great. Keep the camera.

If you are wondering about the 1/2000 second shutter speed of the Chinon, take it to your local camera repair guy, and ask him to check that shutter speed for you. Do not be too surprised if it is only 1/1200 of a second; there is a 40 % error tolerance allowed in the specification for that speed. The guys who wrote the specification knew that 1/1000 of a second and faster were really asking for a lot from a mechanically timed system. Even Nikon was pushing the capabilities when they came out with a 1/2000 second top shutter speed with their Nikon F2 in the early 1970s. That is why their shutter system has ball bearings instead of just bushings on the shafts and other things to make their shutter as friction free as possible to make it as accurate as they could. It has just been in recent years with the development of electronically timed shutters that we are seeing some pretty good systems that really do deliver what we would like to see at those speeds. My Minolta Dynax 9 is one of those, but it is also an expensive design to get to 1/12,000 of a second. (I think they were trying for 1/16,000 of a second, and had to settle for only 1/12,000 second in production. It is weird to think that this is a camera where you need to consider high speed reciprocity failure in the film when using the fastest shutter speed.)

Have fun with your camera, and hopefully it will be here in time for Christmas photographs.
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin