Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,579   Posts: 1,545,751   Online: 1010

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Zeiss 28mm F2 Tragedy....

I went to pick up my beloved Zeiss 28mm F2 lens and noticed it looked a little like the Leaning Tower of Pisa.

Yikes! The front piece is bent, throwing the optics out of alignment. Upon internal inspection, the mounting feet where the front barrel attaches to the rest of the lens are bent.

I got this lens in 1984 for $600 and it was the centerpiece around which I built my entire Rollieflex 35mm system, which includes multiple backup bodies. I guess I never thought the lens would get trashed

I do have a faint memory of my padded carrying bag falling on the ground sometime this last year. That must have done it, as there are no external marks on the lens.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I guess you can toss the rest of the kit too. Let me know what day you put them on the curb.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You haven't used the lens in a year?
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Picture is hard to interpret,but I've dropped lenses directly onto concrete walks without serious damage (o.k., lens caps & shades RIP).
    At least the high-end Zeiss for Rollei lenses were pretty well built: seems strange that yours could be so easily damaged.

Anyway, sorry for the problem (possibly repairable?) and greetings from a fellow Rolleiflex 35mm user...
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Shooter
    35mm

ia looking for a lens hoodand capfor a 25mm 2.8

Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    I went to pick up my beloved Zeiss 28mm F2 lens and noticed it looked a little like the Leaning Tower of Pisa.

Yikes! The front piece is bent, throwing the optics out of alignment. Upon internal inspection, the mounting feet where the front barrel attaches to the rest of the lens are bent.

I got this lens in 1984 for $600 and it was the centerpiece around which I built my entire Rollieflex 35mm system, which includes multiple backup bodies. I guess I never thought the lens would get trashed

I do have a faint memory of my padded carrying bag falling on the ground sometime this last year. That must have done it, as there are no external marks on the lens.

i inhereted a blk SL35 with a 50 135 25 and 85mm I am not sure if i will keep it
    and may put it up for sale... I need a lens hood an cap for the 25mm to much flair
    sorry for your miss fourtune.....i have had the same bad experince. it happens.if you don't replace the 28 and have a hood and lens cap you want to sell let me know. I am going to try to like the rollei... dbendo

Shooter
    35mm RF
    KevinsCameras has one for sale at an outrageous price.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It may be fixable. The internals could be the same as the C/Y mount. I'd send an email to TOCAD and see what they say- -or email Zeiss in Germany. Asking is free.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by hpulley View Post
    You haven't used the lens in a year?
    Looks like the last negatives taken with this lens were from a Halloween party the kids were at. I think sometime after that party or around Halloween, the bag fell on the ground.

It does not show all that well in the picture but the distance from the focus ring to the end of the lens is 2mm shorter on one side.

A new 28mm f2 is on the way. The last QBM lens that I had an issue with was my 60 Makro Planar. At the time (2003) Marflex fixed the aperture mechanism when a bunch of ball bearings fell out of it.

I'll probably send this one off to be fixed as the glass is perfect; just sent an e-mail to Krimar Photo Rollei service.
    Last edited by ic-racer; 12-19-2010 at 09:04 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Yes but the bill won't be!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff L View Post
    It may be fixable. The internals could be the same as the C/Y mount. I'd send an email to TOCAD and see what they say- -or email Zeiss in Germany. Asking is free.
    There is an idea.

I don't have a Contax lens to compare, but I found this on the internet and it looks like the barrel is actually different than the Rollei.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin