Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,954   Posts: 1,586,007   Online: 705

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Although I've always favoured Nikon I bought 5 (count 'em) Canon SLRs in 2010. The reason being that FD glass won't fit DSLRs or movie cameras (easily) and is much cheaper than later Nikon or Canon offerings.
    The AV-1 is an overlooked camera, offers sufficient manual exposure compensation on an aperture priority body and comes cheap. The A-1 is a multi-mode analogue beast but great fun and the FTb is tough little all-manual nut. The F-1 is a lovely camera but good examples have climbed into collector prices and there's a lot of thrashed ex-pro bodies around. If I had to choose I suspect the FTb is the camera most likely to make the 22nd century intact.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickjames View Post
    I would avoid the Eos 3. I have had focussing issues with it. Get a 1n or 1v. The 1n can be had for chump change these days. I have one that is absolutely hammered and it still works perfectly.
    No need to avoid the EOS 3. Just because your EOS 3 had issues does not mean all the others do too. Have you sent your EOS 3 to get checked? It is broken! Just fix it....the EOS 3 is an excellent SLR and has an excellent reputationa and following.

Of course, the 1v is the body of choice....
    Coming back home to my film roots. Canon EOS-3 SLR, Canon EOS 1V SLR, 580ex flash, and 5D DSLR shooter. Prime lens only shooter.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I ended up with a 7 rather than a 1 because they're a little less expensive. There's a reasonably priced 1n in the classifieds right now.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Get the 1n. Don't be a fool.
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

Shooter
    35mm
    hmm,depends

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron9316 View Post
    hmm,depends

...on what, and why?
    “The photographer must determine how he wants the finished print to look before he exposes the negative.
    Before releasing the shutter, he must seek 'the flame of recognition,' a sense that the picture would reveal
    the greater mystery of things...more clearly than the eyes see."
    ~Edward Weston, 1922.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a 1n, and just used my Eos 3 this weekend... All are perfect no complaints.... Also the ettl flash metering with the 3 is really useful.... No
    Focusing usues at all using my 50mm 1.4 with either bodies

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would say the F1-N closely followed by the T90 and EF.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The best Canon film camera – F1

The best Canon film camera to work with your lenses – I don’t know.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The best Canon film camera is the one you have with you.
    Ben

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin