Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,490   Online: 1009

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Unless you need the speed of the iV, an Eos 3 is cheap and superb.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The requirement for EF lenses really narrows it down!

Considering what things are going for on the used market these days, if you have hundreds of dollars to invest in a great camera, I'd get a 3 or a 1V. You might consider the 1N as well.

This being said, I think you would do well with many of the other cheaper EOS film bodies too. Take a look at the Elan series, for example, or the A2/EOS 5.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I purchased an EOS 3 six months ago. What a great camera, and highly recommended.
    Chris Klug
    -----------
    My photo life story: http://patternsoflightndark.com/wordpress/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, I have the EOS 3, EOS A2e, A-1 (with Motor Drive MA) and F-1 rev 2. They all have their advantages and disadvantages and it'd be tough to say which is the "best", but I sure enjoy the 3 and A-1 quite a bit!

Shooter
    35mm
    I've always been a fan of the Elan IIe's with the battery grip. It's a solid bit of kit!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jmooney View Post
    I've always been a fan of the Elan IIe's with the battery grip. It's a solid bit of kit!
    I really like the Elan IIe and BP-50 combo as well, but have had bad luck with film door latches. I've had 2 break; it's a known weak link with this model.

No such problems (in my experience) with the Elan 7 series, and my EOS 3 models have all been rock solid.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Canon EOS cameras are great, just can't beat them. But I'm an old bald headed gizzer, just love that FD system,especially the old F-1!

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    Recommend (in AF-land) the 1N, 3 and I-V. Own the 1N and 3, and use them both.

The 3 is quicker (hare-trigger shutter release) than the 1N, more AF-points etc, BUT no 100% screen view. It's abit lighter in weight also than te 1N.
    The 3 handles better also (it's higher), but not by much.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ekkybedmond View Post
    Recommend (in AF-land) the 1N, 3 and I-V. Own the 1N and 3, and use them both.

The 3 is quicker (hare-trigger shutter release) than the 1N, more AF-points etc, BUT no 100% screen view. It's abit lighter in weight also than te 1N.
    The 3 handles better also (it's higher), but not by much.
    For the quickest shutter release get the 1N RS. 6ms shutter lag, RS mode closes down the aperture and lifts the submirror for the fastest possible shot taking. Just be careful as it is difficult to take just one shot in CHS 10 fps mode, usually you'll rip off 2 so you might want to use CLS or single shot even in RS mode to limit the waste of film.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I vote for the 7NE. I love the ECF and it still has some dials vs the 1-series all push button interface. Light and small too.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin