Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,697   Posts: 1,549,083   Online: 1101

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    The best EOS film cameras? Well, that depends on your application. Most of their models are excellent, and several have special features that make them, well, special.

1V - Latest top of the line pro model, most capable camera ever made. Weather sealed. More expensive than the others. Everybody wants one.
    3 - Same feature set as the 1V, adds eye controlled focus. VERY noisy. Not sure about weather sealing.
    1N - If you are willing to work with only five or seven focus points, this one is quite nice. Not weather sealed. Very underrated camera!
    7N/7NE - Even with the vertical grip is very lightweight and exceptionally silent. Very full-featured. 7NE adds eye-controlled focus.
    1N-RS - Pellicle mirror, extremely fast response. Large camera. ALT: EOS RT is much smaller and lighter than 1N-RS, has a rather odd interface, has the first generation AF system, and being so old it will require servicing before you can put it to use. But it's such an excellent camera that I've acquired three.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    35mm
    Let me put this to the Canonistas here:

If you were going to take a body, mount a 50/1.4 on it and bang it around everyday in your bag, hardly ever or never use a flash, only use the center AF point, want reasonable focus in low light, (ballet and such) and not spend more than $200 on the body, which would you get out of the ones listed above?

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    1957 Canon P with 50mm f1.4.

or the first Ae-1 you find and actually use.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jmooney View Post
    Let me put this to the Canonistas here:

If you were going to take a body, mount a 50/1.4 on it and bang it around everyday in your bag, hardly ever or never use a flash, only use the center AF point, want reasonable focus in low light, (ballet and such) and not spend more than $200 on the body, which would you get out of the ones listed above?

Jim
    EOS 3, hands down. It's the best you can get with that budget. $200 for that camera is an incredible value.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, EOS 3.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks!

I was kinda stuck between the EOS3 and the 1N but I think I know where I'm going now.

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    On the contrary, if you're shooting ballet, you'll want a quiet camera. 7N would be the one, available for around $100. Super quiet, and they're all reasonably new. The EOS 3 sounds like a car door slamming on a cat's tail. Don't get me wrong, I love mine, but definitely not the camera to shoot in a theater.
    Fred Latchaw
    Seattle WA

I am beginning to resent being referred to as 'half-fast'.
    Whatever that's supposed to mean.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like my lowly Canon Rebel 2000, Ti, and T2 cameras. Obviously not in the same league as most of the cameras listed here, but they are very capable cameras, and you can often buy one for a song on the auction site.

Put a good lens on one and not often would you need a "better" Canon camera.

Of course, you might want a higher end model, and that's fine too.

Shooter
    35mm
    I really enjoy the simple ergonomics of the AE-1P with an action grip screwed over the battery cover and a small-ish prime lense. I would suggest it, other than the fact the post was about EF cameras...

(see what I did there? Ain't I clever!)
    -Markster

Canon AE-1P 35mm | 50mm/f1.8 FDn | 28mm/2.8 FD | 70-200mm/f4-5 FD | 35-70mm/F2.8-3.5 Sigma FD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jmooney View Post
    Thanks!

I was kinda stuck between the EOS3 and the 1N but I think I know where I'm going now.

Jim
    I have to agree with flatulent1; the EOS3 is LOUD (nice description of the clunk-squeal, by the way). I love mine, but definitely not the right body for ballet. I think something from the Elan 7 series would be better (I have two of these as well), with the battery grip.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin