Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,832   Posts: 1,582,355   Online: 943

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Does not compute! Am I missing something? How can a camera have aperture priority if it does not have a working meter because the batteries are dead?
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Does not compute! Am I missing something? How can a camera have aperture priority if it does not have a working meter because the batteries are dead?
    As I read it, the OP is looking for a camera that has all it's manual speeds available, independent of the status of a battery, plus aperture priority auto-exposure when there is a functional battery installed.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    As I read it, the OP is looking for a camera that has all it's manual speeds available, independent of the status of a battery, plus aperture priority auto-exposure when there is a functional battery installed.
    I see what you mean. I think there is a missing comma in the OP's headline.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I also read the OP's headline as meaning a camera which has both aperture priority and all shutter speeds without a battery, which of course is impossible and I stated so earlier in this thread.

One missing comma, two different meanings.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There may be a missing comma. but I'd hazard a guess that the OP's facility with English is a heck of a lot better than my facility with Polish
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Why a comma when the word "and" is in the right place (as it is)?
    Now if it actualy said "both", but...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't think that any of us were criticising the OP's English language skills. In fact I admire people whose native language is other than English, whether it be Polish or Mandarin, who take the trouble to learn English so that they can communicate better in the "global village". Meanwhile most of us native English speakers have the luxury of getting through life without having to bother to seriously learn another language.

What I think is illustrated here is the phenomenon which has become more noticeable since the advent of email, text messaging etc that the perception in the reader's mind is often different to the original thought in the writer's mind.

Shooter
    35mm
    No aperature priority that I know of, but on the subject of mechanical cameras, I was just reading some interesting stuff on the Pentax MX earlier today. Supposedly built like a tank, pretty dependable, shutter up to 1/1000 but still totally mechanical (a battery is used but only for the light meter). What got me reading was a blurb about how it has the largest viewfinder or some such.

The more I read, the more it impressed me. If I weren't already in the Canon AE-1P fan club, I'd go for the Pentax MX.
    -Markster

Canon AE-1P 35mm | 50mm/f1.8 FDn | 28mm/2.8 FD | 70-200mm/f4-5 FD | 35-70mm/F2.8-3.5 Sigma FD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by darkosaric View Post
    Hi,

Is Nikon FM3A only one? I know that Leica M7 has only 2 speeds without batteries, Nikon F3 also only one speed … I am missing some camera(s) ?

Regards,
    Leica M6 & MP...battery drives the meter only...no ap, however.

Best regards,

Bob
    Best regards,

Bob
    CEO-CFO-EIEIO, Ret.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Canon EF, almost. Shutter priority automation from 30sec to 1/1000 with a battery, mechanical operation 1/2 to 1/1000 without.
    Photography, the word itself, invented and defined by its author Sir John.F.W.Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society, Somerset House, London. Quote "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..". unquote.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin