Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,687   Posts: 1,548,618   Online: 1326

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format

Camera that has aperture priority and all manual speed when battery die

Hi,

Is Nikon FM3A only one? I know that Leica M7 has only 2 speeds without batteries, Nikon F3 also only one speed … I am missing some camera(s) ?

Regards,

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Olympus OM-1.

Though its AP is manual too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Although I don't have a Nikon FM3A, I believe that it has only manual speeds without battery, not aperture priority. Perhaps an owner of one could verify.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    FM3A: without battery - all manual speed without AP, and with battery aperture priority also. But usually cameras that have AP with battery has only one, two manual speeds when battery dies.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    If you really want manual speeds, you probably should skip autoexposure and get an all-manual camera with a match-needle system. I do this, even though I like having autoexposure.

I think that you're right in that most cameras with aperture-priority autoexposure have a very limited range of shutter speeds (sometimes none) if the battery dies.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Grab yourself an Olympus OM-3t and a couple of prime lenses. You wont want to shoot anything else after that. You dont need AP mode, that only gives auto-mediocrity, take control of your shots.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am not looking what to buy/get - I already have F3 and M6 - I was just curious about cameras that have AP and full manual speeds when battery dies - because couple of days ago I was with my F3 in cold weather (-15C) for couple of hours and on the end I had only M80 speed (battery was ok - but it was just too cold for long time - when I was back in warm - battery was ok). I had to use F3, not M6 because I needed 105mm lens

Shooter
    35mm
    I think the Canon New F-1 might fit the bill.
    Steve.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I've been trying to think of some but can't seem to recall any.

The Rolleiflex SL 35 ME offers a limited set of manual speeds if the battery dies. But your bigger challenge will be finding one that is still working correctly today.

Aside from that, I think that you're down to some of the cameras with selenium meters that use the old tried-and-true trap-needle autoexposure systems. And they're mostly fixed-lens cameras, and even those usually only offered a flash-synch speed plus B.

Shooter
    35mm
    You can use the Nikon Anti-cold Battery Pack DB-2.

With the Canon New F-1, all shutter speeds are available when battery is exhausted but you have to remove it from the camera.
    The Pentax LX has 1/2000 sec to X 1/75 sec and "B", while the Pentax K2, ESII and ES have most of their shutter speeds available when battery is dead.

BTW, the F3 has B, X (1/80), T and 1/60 when using the backup mechanical release lever available when battery is dead.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin