Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,853   Online: 949

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BrianShaw View Post
    I anyone can find one for $30 it will be a steal. On eBay they are 3x (or 4x) that.
    Looks like you are right, I just looked and they are going there for between $50 to $70 or so dollars. Up to $100 in some cases. Yikes!

I purchased mine at a camera store for $40 and its in great condition. That was about a little over a year ago. Around the same time on ebay, it seemed they were selling between $30 to $50. I wonder why the increase?

Its a great lens though and a good value if the price is right.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quite possibly the best Nikon 50, despite the slow aperture. I've owned two and they were both terrific. One was a Nikkor-H (1960s) and the other was an AI.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    35mm
    I have one 50/2 AI and many other 50/2s. My favorite of the 50/2s is the 'K' model. I prefer it and the AI to any of the later 50/1.8 manual focus lenses. The 50/2 AI is one of the few AI lenses to have six aperture blades yet it's out of focus rendition is not bad at all.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    It's a decent lens. My version has had a loose element since the day that I bought it in 1979. I probably should have returned it, but I didn't notice it then -- being a novice.

Shooter
    35mm
    The 50mm f/2 is the only manual Nikkor lens I kept. Mine was AI'd. There is something special about the way it draws. I see them in local camera stores for $50. An absolute bargain at that price (or at many times that, for that matter).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin