Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,501   Posts: 1,571,684   Online: 929

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    The problem is frequent with the Zenit. It is VERY frustrating to have a 'newish' camera and have that transport problem. I swear that sometimes the apron strings on the curtain are twisted or there might be debris near that transport. Many a $5 Zenit is now 'parts only' for me.

Engineering-wise, the design, though simple, is highly adequate. But the Soviet quality control was something that I really do not understand because that was the major reason it was not more of a success. The Soviets were trying to bring in hard currency and I do not understand why that Achilles' Heel was allowed to manifest.

And a success it would have been because in the 60s there were MANY countries with people who were very pressed for disposable income but vied for high quality photos. And the Zenit (with its high quality Helios) COULD deliver the results if only the bodies had actually worked.

Sorry for the hiatus: dad died yesterday and I am in Connecticut dealing with stuff. - David Lyga

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    I hope you solve your problem, but the Zenith camera is the only one I know where you can look through the viewfinder and look round the surfaces of the pentaprism. Then when you wind on it sounds like two house bricks rubbing together.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Shooter
    35mm
    Not always the 'house bricks', cliveh. I really and actually have held Zenits that worked smoothly. - David Lyga

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin