Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,432   Online: 789

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Zenit E - Shutter release not moving smoothly

Hi everyone,

I am having some trouble with my Zenit-E :

Namely that the shutter release is not moving smoothly. Not only that, but the focal plane shutter will not "re attach" itself after the shot is made... Will this be a problem?

Here's a video to show what I mean, since I am bad with words:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHbvn7Z39Qk

Thank you,
    Richard

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    The film lever is not a big problem,a spring may have become un attached,but you could easily use the camera as you do, your big problem is the shutter curtains, they should connect and the film will be exposed to light all the time the curtains are like they are, in the U.K. I would suggest a camera repairer,but can't where you are, but if you want to use the camera it will need a trip to a repair shop, but I think they are plentiful and reasonably cheap, so if you want a Zenit I would look for another, possibly a later model, or if you have a collection of 45 thread lenses then a pracktica or old pentax spotmatic may be a better prospect,Hope this helps,Richard

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Richard:

How much do you think repairs would cost?
    I could always get an estimate at the local camera shop.

Richard

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I guess repair cost would not matter as you got the most rarest E-Version.
    As shown on your video the camera is complety inverted compared to a standard E-model.
    Even the type inscription is inverted...

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    The "E" designation in Zenit-E comes from a Ukranian dialect word which means "paperweight"

David

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I got an E. The design has ist quirks, but still I like. Good to know that I can drive a nail with it if needed.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Someonenameddavid View Post
    The "E" designation in Zenit-E comes from a Ukranian dialect word which means "paperweight"

David
    "The problem with photography is that it only deals with appearances." Duane Michals

"A photograph is a secret of a secret. The more it tells you the less you know." Diane Arbus

foc

Shooter
    35mm
    If you are willing to do your own repair then you could look here http://http://tomtiger.home.xs4all.nl/.
    If not then just buy another one. Thankfully my Zenit came through Technical and Optical in London when it first came from the USSR. T&O checked each camera and didi repairs if needed, so their cameras were always in good condition even after all these years.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I watched to video and if a have no clue regarding the advance lever, to me the shutter issue might come from a weak tension of the closing curtain. At least, I would try to go this way if I were you (it actually saved a Zenit 3M I owned years ago).

Take care.
    "The problem with photography is that it only deals with appearances." Duane Michals

"A photograph is a secret of a secret. The more it tells you the less you know." Diane Arbus

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Richard. I think the general advice is to look for a new one. The repair cost is going to be much more than the cost of a replacement. Your lens will, of course, be fine if you get another body. Alex

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin