Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,445   Posts: 1,570,024   Online: 890

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Shooter
    Instant Films
    Olympus Pen D. Its 1.9 zuiko was pin sharp and contrasty. I remember developing my first roll of film and being blown away. I thought since it was half frame an 8x10 print would end up looking soft.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Konica S2 also. I got it many years after my uncle had passed away. A sleeper!

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Retina IIIc I picked up at an antique store. First time I saw a good camera price there - it was on consignment so it was very cheap. I remembered hearing something about the camera between apug and RFF. I picked it up, assuming something would be wrong with it.

Cleaned the glass and it worked perfectly. Not quite mint condition, but closer than any other used camera I've owned. And the negatives totally blew me away. Shockingly sharp. I love the camera.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brian d View Post
    My most surprising one is a Retina Reflex....... got it for 10$ at a tractor show
    I have a Retina Reflex III (I have two actually) which I like a lot but the camera which always surprises me is my Rolleicord V. It's the camera I would keep if I could only have one.

One of my Retina Reflexes last saw action at a sort of tractor show - actually a ploughing competition (some pictures in my gallery).

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by daemon View Post
    Olympus Pen D.
    100% agree. An underrated camera for sure.

Konica Big Mini - bought one for pocket change and it's taken some real nice pictures.
    Nikon L35AF - also bought for pocket change, again really nice pictures.
    Pentax PC35AF - WOW: very contrasty lens and uses AAA batteries.
    Olympus Trip 35 - the secret seems to be out now, and I think prices have gone up on this camera
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    35mm
    A Yashica Minister, usually overlooked because it has a 2.8 lens, not the 1.4 or 1.7. Best £3 spent last year.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blockend View Post
    A Yashica Minister, usually overlooked because it has a 2.8 lens, not the 1.4 or 1.7. Best £3 spent last year.

I paid £8 for mine! It still has a good mercury cell in it and the meter is accurate.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    35mm
    For me, it's the Yashica Electro 35GL (Yashinon 40mm 1:1.7) that I bought for about $4. I'm a kind of old style shooter who prefers all manual operations, and had never had fun shooting AE only camera before. But the Electro became a rare exception. I still wish it had the manual override some time while shooting, but when I get the results from the lab, I always forget all about those things.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodak Instamatic 500. Practically useless now because of the 126 format film but a great Schnieder Kreuznach Xenar 38mm f/2.8 lens with Compur shutter to 1/500, Gossen selenium meter that still works and is accurate. The lens retracts into the body making it very pocketable. Takes great pictures outdoors and indoors with real flash connections (hotshoe and PC socket) it works great and doen't need the usual flash bulbs/cubes of other Instamatics. When I tire of paying $12.99/roll for expired Solaris 200 and reloading old cassettes I can just use it as a portable light meter for my RB67... bought for under $10 though that sounds expensive now after reading about the $2 deals here!
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I picked up a Retina IIS a while back mainly because I just couldn't resist its retro looks. I had no idea its Xenar would compete with any lens I've had for my other rangefinders from Leitz/Voigtlander/Canon etc. and the camera feels and operates like a handmade Swiss watch. It's just an amazing object to hold and operate.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin