Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,732   Posts: 1,515,281   Online: 822

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yashica 14e IC with a 50mm f/1.4
    " A loving and caring heart is the beginning of all knowledge " ~ Thomas Carlyle ~

North America just north of that sharp right turn North America makes on the Atlantic coast.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    For me it is my Nikonos V with the 15mm lens, I think that it is because I don't get to shoot this camera and lens that often because it is an underwater only setup, but when I do I can see why people say that this was the best underwater camera and lens combination ever. I also have to admit that the 35mm land and underwater lens makes nice photos on land when I am willing to spend the time to focus it. I have gotten some really great day at the beach photos with this camera and those lenses.
    "Would you like it if someone that painted in oils told you that you were not making portraits because you were using a camera?"
    "Shouldn't it be more about the joy of producing and viewing the photo than what you paid for the camera?"

Me

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mablo View Post
    I picked up a Retina IIS a while back.
    I would like to get a Retina IIIS (rather than a IIS) as it is a rangefinder body which takes the same lenses as my Retina Reflex III SLR.

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    I have a Retina Reflex III (I have two actually) which I like a lot-

One of my Retina Reflexes last saw action at a sort of tractor show - actually a ploughing competition (some pictures in my gallery).

Steve.
    I always forget that the Reflex's are a numbered series, I checked the one I have it is a IV. Am I right in assuming the lenses are interchangable over the entire line?
    I would like to get a Retina IIIS (rather than a IIS) as it is a rangefinder body which takes the same lenses as my Retina Reflex III SLR.
    I have a few plowing pictures here
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/5015840...7623932639497/
    Real men use Speed Graphics and flashbulbs.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brian d View Post
    Am I right in assuming the lenses are interchangable over the entire line
    I think so. And with a bit of modification, the Bessamatic lenses can be made to fit too. They share a lens mount but have tabs to prevent interchanging them. A bit of filing makes them work.

http://rick_oleson.tripod.com/index-150.html

Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My trusty little Olympus 35RC. Small enough to stick in a coat pocket, yet the little Zuikio lens is always up to razor sharp shots. Best of all I paid nothing for it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When I first got my Oly XA, I loved its good qualities-- sharpness, pocketability, toughness. Now I love its bad qualities-- the weird flares when you point it near the sun, the falloff at the corners, even the light leaks on the first couple shots on a roll. I may be irrational but I'm happy!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    for me it would have to be an agfa surshot.
    the body is kind of cardboardy, and when i wind the roll it feels like
    the camera is going to break / implode/rip ..
    but it is a lot of fun to use.
    i am a fan of low technology / lo-fi
    and box cameras like this surshot fit the bill !
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

website
    blog
    sell-site

Shooter
    Medium Format
    For me it's two camera:

Kodak Retina IIa - a co-worker had heard that I liked old cameras and just gave it to me one day. I let the camera sit in a drawer for over a year before I even bothered running a roll of film through it. Oh my! That was a dumb mistake. The rendering in black and white of this lens is really nice and the camera is just fun to use. It reminds me of a pocket watch every time I open it.

Yashica Electro G - My wife found this little guy at a thrift store and bought it for $3and brought it home. Everything on it works perfectly and it even had a working battery in it. Over the years its become my go to camera when I'm lazy and I want something that is relatively point and shoot. The F/1.7 lens is surprisingly good!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    That's an easy one - my Pentax ME Super. This was my first camera, which my parents bought for me while I was in high school taking my first photography course. I took that course just to avoid another study hall (ADHD hell!) - little did I know how much of an impact that course would have on my life! I especially love the smc PENTAX-M 1:1.7 50mm lens I have on it. It is wonderful!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin