Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,770   Posts: 1,484,280   Online: 1173

Shooter
    Medium Format

Fm2n + 36 exposure film?

Does this camera not support 36 exposure film? Im at 24 frames right now and cant cock the shutter - thought I had it fixed but it was just the release and double exposed my last.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Yes it supports 36 exp film. Can you easily turn the rewind knob at least a full turn in either direction? If not you are at the end of the film.

Shooter
    35mm
    That's correct, the FM2 supports 36 exposure film. I typically get 38 frames out of the roll myself. Page 48 of the manual even lists 0~36 frames for the frame counter.

Applies to all the Nikon, Canon, Pentax, Olympus, Minolta cameras that I have.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quite odd, frame counter says Im at 24. Something must be up.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You sure that's 36exp. film? I loaded my Nikkormat with 24exp. once and took me about 15 min to figure out what the hell happened, I hadn't loaded it in a while and forgot what was in it.
    5x7 Eastman-Kodak kit / B+M 135mm Zeiss Tessar + Compur Deckel
    RB67 Pro S / 90 3.8 / WLF / prism finder / polaback
    FED-2 / 50 2.8 Industar 26m / 85 f2 Jupiter-9
    Canon 300v / 5D d*****l / L lenses

Shooter
    35mm
    With the exception of a mechanical malfunction there is nothing to impede frame-advance. I would hope you have a roll of 24 exp loaded. (Every so often I get a 24 roll inadvertently thrown-in amongst an order of many 36 rolls.) I've had focus screens drop-down mid-roll, causing a jam. Remove lens to make sure all is well. One option: use the multiple exposure lever to disengage the take-up spool from shutter-cocking and then gently try advancing. Rather than risk damage by over-torquing the film-advance lever I'd call it a day and rewind the film. Check the print on the film cassette for 24 or 36 and ascertain film length for appropriate number of frames when developing. Also inpect film chamber for a wayward piece of film.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin