Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,498   Posts: 1,543,103   Online: 1042

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Nikon 28mm PC Lens...

Does anyone own a Nikon 28mm perspective control lense? I was wondering if it would work as a regular 28mm if you didn't use the PC?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ara Ghajanian
    Does anyone own a Nikon 28mm perspective control lense? I was wondering if it would work as a regular 28mm if you didn't use the PC?
    Yes, it will work very well as a non-PC 28mm. As a PC lens it has a much larger circle than the standard 28mm lens.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have used it, don;t own one. Yes it's a normal 28mm if you don't use PC. The controls let you fine tune images to correct vertical/horizontal lines but otherwise is a fine lens.
    If I remeber correctly there is a little distorsion/vigentting at corners when shifted and fully open.

Nikon also launched a 85mm PC lens.
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Schneider make the 28 mm PC-Super-Angulon in Nikon mount - the fully manual mount is easy to change and, in addition to the mounts listed by Schneider, there's also a mount available directly from Leica. B+W make a special filter holder (for unmounted 74 mm filters) and hood for it. It's a very nice lens whether shifted or used as a normal 28 mm lens. I use mine on my R6.2 and on my FTn/FE2.

Best,
    Helen

Shooter
    Multi Format

Nikon 28mm PC

I have owned and extensively used both the Nikon 28mm and 35mm perspective control lenses for a couple of decades. They are exceptional optics.

Yes, you can use them as you would a conventional lens, but they are manual aperture lenses. On the more modern Nikon cameras, particularly the digitals, the metering functions are cancelled.

I am a professional architectural shooter, so, for me, these are essential pieces of glass.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin