Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,761   Posts: 1,516,113   Online: 835

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    No way, I prefer the Vivitar although it's much heavier
    I have the 80 - 200f4 which I love!

Jeff

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post

Jeff
    Probably the same as my Kiron 80-200mm f4, after many test it was equal to my Canon FDn 200mm f4 prime for sharpness....so the Canon stays at home as the zoom is more useful and only slightly longer than the canon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post

Jeff
    I can't comment on your particular lens Jeff because I've never used one although I used to sell them in my store, I do have the Canon FDn 80-200f4 L zoom which is a pro quality optic,and is indeed a very good lens that still sells for very good prices on the used market, however I.M.O. the Vivitar Series1 70-210 that was specifically commissioned by Vivitar to compete with the best lenses the marque camera manufacturers could produce at the time, and manufactured by some of the best Japanese optical firms is IMO better than my canon one which cost a lot more on the used market these days.
    I bought my Vivitar series 1 in mint condition from a local camera shop boxed with the original rubber hood for £40 (about $65 US) with six months guarantee, there aren't any lenses of that quality available for that sort of money on the market, and the Vivitars are selling for very low prices these days.
    Last edited by benjiboy; 03-24-2011 at 11:54 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Is there any real reason to prefer the 50 f1.4 SSC vs the FDn 50 f1.4 I already have?
    - Abram

35mm / 120

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by agphotography View Post
    Is there any real reason to prefer the 50 f1.4 SSC vs the FDn 50 f1.4 I already have?
    Optically, no. In terms of build quality and "feel," possibly. It'd be up to you, though. Hard to quantify the difference of "feel."
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well I just won a Canon EF and 50mm f/1.4 SSC on a whim, not sure what the real condition is, but it didn't cost much so maybe it'll be a nice surprise
    - Abram

35mm / 120

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well I just won a Canon EF and 50mm f/1.4 SSC on a whim, not sure what the real condition is, but it didn't cost much so maybe it'll be a nice surprise
    Was this the one at Goodwill? I dropped out just because I already had an EF and a 50mm f/1.4 but thought I could get one on the cheap. You still got it for a nice price even though the S&H was a bit too much I think.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah it was lol. I jumped on it at the last second and got burned on the shipping. Not too stoked on that one, but I bid w/ 15 seconds left haha
    - Abram

35mm / 120

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The FDn is much lighter, and the bayonet fitting is quicker to change and less easy to drop the lens in the process.
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've frequently heard that complaint about breechlock vs bayonet FD lenses... but in 35 years of using them I've never dropped one! I much prefer the breechlock lenses, myself.

Duncan

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin