Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,523,990   Online: 797

Shooter
    Medium Format

Nikon MV-1 Data Reader

I've got a Nikon MV-1 which I use with both an F100 and a F6. However, it now appears to be completely dead, and I just want to make sure I'm not missing anything obvious before I go through the hassle of sending it away for a warranty repair.

I'm plugging the reader into the camera (while the camera is turned off), inserting the memory card, turning on the camera, and then pressing the start button on the reader for at least a second.

Nothing happens, no lights flicker or anything.

Any suggestions, or is it time to send it away for repair/replacement? (I've checked that none of the pins in the connector are bent, and it's the same symptoms on both cameras.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Same happened to mine recently. But because I bought it from B&H and I live in Australia, Nikon Australia refused to have it repaired.
    So I had to buy a new one from B&H and hope it doesn't break down too.

Lovely service, Nikon... If there was an alternative, I'd take it so fast I wouldn't touch the sides...
    Cheers
    Noons (Nuno Souto)
    Gallery here

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin