Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,501   Posts: 1,543,354   Online: 846

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nikon 35Ti

Shooter
    35mm

Nikon 35Ti

I have the chance of a Nikon 35ti, how good are these cameras? it's been offered to me for £325, it is in virtual Mint condition, with everything that came with it from new. Can anyone tell me what or if there is a better option in the Film camera range. Not SLR cameras

lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have had two, neither worked: one couldn't focus reliably, the other couldn't wind the film reliably.

Other cameras to consider are the Contax range, the Ricoh GR-1 and the Yashica T-4/T-5.

£325 sounds a bit high. Check prices on ebay and KEH.
    DARKROOM AUTOMATION
    f-Stop Timers - Enlarging Meters
    http://www.darkroomautomation.com/da-main.htm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a 28ti which is a great camera. I think it came after the 35ti. Never had a problem with it over 10 years. Excellent lens. I do think the asking price for yours is too high; like Nicholas said, check KEH & ebay selling (not asking) prices for a fair range.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I had a 35Ti for a while and it was very nice. It was quiet, not too heavy, and as far as I know, the only P&S camera with matrix metering. The optional settings are cryptic, but with a little Googling you can find the right buttons to push. I think they're quite well put together too, and little things like a light-up viewfinder and top dial are nice. There are also plenty of manual functions.

I'm not sure if they can still be repaired or not, if that's something that matters to you.

£325 sounds high, even if it is in excellent condition. I've seen them over here for around $200 USD.
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks for the replies and info

Yes, £325 lot money for the camera, the seller has everything with it from new, even A nice wooden display case, All I want is the camera and leather case, because of the wooden Box I recon it's influencing him for his High asking price, like I said I don't want the wooden box, but He wont budge, original price he had was £375 he knocked 50 quid off.
    I think I'll just forget that one.
    Out of interest, How good is the Olympus35 RC, say in comparison to the Nikon35ti or any other of this type of camera.

Thanks
    Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I forgot about the panoramic mode on the 35Ti. All it does is mask the exposed area on the negative, and even then in the top left a small section was exposed. Okay if you're scanning, but not for prints or printing.

The Olympus 35RC is supposed to be a really nice camera. Olympus lenses (Zuiko) are excellent. I believe that model was made to use mercury batteries, which means you'll need to use a work-around (not that hard.)
    Those who know, shoot film

Shooter
    35mm RF
    The Olympus 35 RC is a much older and simpler camera. The Nikon should have better lens coating. You can easily use the 675 hearing-aid batteries with the Olympus or a silver oxide cell with a Cris adapter.

CGW

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hmmm. I was friendly with several Nikon.ca techs who weren't that impressed with the 28 and 35. Their take was something like "over-priced bling" rolled out just in time for Japan's collapse in the early 90s. For that kind of $, I'd look to the Konica Hexars. I'd skip the old PX625-powered rangefinders--just too fiddly and elderly.

Shooter
    35mm
    The best results I've had in a compact camera have come from a Canon Sure Shot. You can pick them up for $5 and they have manually set iso so you can push some Tri-x to 1000 and have a decent low light compact. It's got a 35mm, 2.8 lens, you just lose aperture priority. Auto focus and exposure are usually right on.

This is from the Canon using Neopan 1600 pulled to 1000. Neopan is no more, but you can get pretty close to the same result pushing Tri-x. Shot in a very dim restaurant.

Steve Long

my blog: http://wayofuncertainty.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    I agree that the 35/28Ti are overpriced bling, and I own one (28Ti), purchased at a time when I had more money than brains. It's had maybe 6 rolls of film run through it. I have the box and all the materials that came with it, and I'm looking for a collector with more money and less brains than I had when I bought it. BTW, my intent was to use it for an "always with me" camera, but it's too big to pocket, to heavy for the belt loop on the leather case, too expensive to risk losing, and takes too damn long to actually take the picture once you press the release. Takes nice photos, though. I now use an Olympus Stylus Epic that I picked up for $5 from Goodwill. It's a bit smaller, a lot lighter, has less shutter lag and a decent zoom. It won't take pictures in a dim restaurant without a flash, but it works for most of my needs and I can't argue with the price.

Ulysses

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin