Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,266   Posts: 1,680,816   Online: 800
      
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
  1. #1
    Erik Petersson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    648
    Images
    8

    "You must buy a cartridge of tape" (funny review of Nikon F6)

    I found this rather funny. Someone bought a Nikon F6 and returned after having found that "You must by a cartridge of tape, which allows for just 24 shots."

    http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-camera-3...DateDescending

    I found the link through the blog The Online Photographer

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    8,006
    Images
    4
    Remember folks, that that person is allowed to vote, or at least will be once he turns 18.
    2F/2F

    "Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

    - Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

  3. #3
    CGW
    CGW is offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    2,797
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Remember folks, that that person is allowed to vote, or at least will be once he turns 18.
    Bipedalism and opposable thumbs only take you so far.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Central Florida, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    4,245
    I kind of think that review was entered as a joke. (and he is getting plenty of attention)

    Edit: Look at other reviews he has left.... he is clearly playing around. Either that or completely clueless.
    Last edited by tkamiya; 02-19-2011 at 05:31 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

  5. #5
    Christopher Walrath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In a darkroom far, far away...
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    7,115
    Blog Entries
    30
    Images
    19
    HOE! LEE! CRAP!

    Thank you.
    -CW

    "Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

  6. #6
    lns
    lns is offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    434
    He's just joking, of course. There's a whole subculture of spoof Amazon reviews. There's one for milk. One for screen-printed wolf tee shirts. The milk one was great when it first went up.

    -Laura

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Posts
    85
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    I kind of think that review was entered as a joke. (and he is getting plenty of attention)

    Edit: Look at other reviews he has left.... he is clearly playing around. Either that or completely clueless.
    All of his other reviews are quite normal which leads me to suggest hes totally honest in thinking that it was a digital camera.

  8. #8
    brucemuir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Metro DC area, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    2,266
    Images
    4
    wovles's baying at the moon tee shirts are all the rage with the "gamer" crowd these days for some reason.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Central Florida, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    4,245
    Quote Originally Posted by JayGannon View Post
    All of his other reviews are quite normal which leads me to suggest hes totally honest in thinking that it was a digital camera.

    You think so? I find it hard to believe someone who has D80 with several lenses and also owns D700 and some high-end Nikkors (assuming these are all facts) doesn't know analog camera from digital ones.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

  10. #10
    E76
    E76 is offline
    E76's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Shooter
    Instant Films
    Posts
    374
    Images
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    You think so? I find it hard to believe someone who has D80 with several lenses and also owns D700 and some high-end Nikkors (assuming these are all facts) doesn't know analog camera from digital ones.
    You never know. All that really says is that he has the money to afford those things, not that he knows anything about photography!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin