Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,235   Online: 866

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm not that old, but have been a camera technician on and off for over 20 years...

The only advantage I've seen in a metal focal plane shutter is on a rangefinder camera, where if you left the camera pointing at the sun you couldn't normally burn a pin hole through the shutter blind...

From my experience any shutter can fail for any reason - and always at the most inopportune moment...
    A camera is only a black box with a hole in it....

my blog...some film, some digital http://andrewk1965.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    Leaf shutter are nice because they'll x sync at all speeds. Problem with this type of shutter shows up as they get old. Lubrication from the shutter or focus threads migrates out onto the blades or into the mech causing slow shutter speeds or a total jam up. There doesn't seem to be any type of shutter (except pin hole where you take cap off lens to expose film) that doesn't have some sort of eventual breakdown. John

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin