Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,694   Posts: 1,548,994   Online: 810

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    to my knowledge the measurement of a cine 35mm is roughly the same as a half frame camera on photography term.

Regards,

Dave

Shooter
    35mm
    I've used a 300 4.5 AIS with a TC201 for moon shots and it works, but its not super sharp.
    Steve Long

my blog: http://wayofuncertainty.com/

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by daveandiputra View Post
    to my knowledge the measurement of a cine 35mm is roughly the same as a half frame camera on photography term.

Regards,

Dave
    Wow, if that is correct, then one would need a 1000mm lens to achieve the same extreme compression effects Kurosawa used!

Still, I will try my hand with the 400mm combo I have now. Anyone have any comments on the TC-201 with the 200mm F4?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Hops View Post
    Wow, if that is correct, then one would need a 1000mm lens to achieve the same extreme compression effects Kurosawa used!

Still, I will try my hand with the 400mm combo I have now. Anyone have any comments on the TC-201 with the 200mm F4?
    if i'm correct (i just can't find the article that i remember saying that early 35mm still cameras uses two cinematography frame) to get the effect of a 500mm you can use a 300mm lens, IMO it uses the same principles like in non full frame digital. i think that solves the DoF, as the DoF will still be like the 300mm but with a field of view of 500mm.
    of course that is if you are using a half frame camera or non full frame digital.

regards,

Dave

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin