Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,050   Posts: 1,561,111   Online: 842

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Does the partial, off-center ring in your image continue on the next (or previous) frame?
    If so, do the pair make a perfect circle? Of what diameter?
    Did you roll your own film?

I'm thinking a possible one-off light leak somewhere, through something having a fresnel lens pattern or a concentrically ribbed plastic cap (Developing machine? Tiny hole in film canister = interference patterns = DIY pinhole camera?).
    A tiny, perfectly round hole on the camera back in a place not covered by the film pressure plate?
    Does the camera has a film reminder window and what does it look like?

Brainstorming here... :-)
    M6, SL, SL2, R5, P6x7, SL3003, SL35-E, F, F2, FM, FE-2, Varex IIa

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rol_Lei Nut View Post
    Does the partial, off-center ring in your image continue on the next (or previous) frame?
    Did you roll your own film?

I'm thinking a possible one-off light leak somewhere, through something having a fresnel lens pattern or a concentrically ribbed plastic cap (Developing machine? Tiny hole in film canister = interference patterns = DIY pinhole camera?).
    A tiny, perfectly round hole on the camera back in a place not covered by the film pressure plate?
    Does the camera has a film reminder window and what does it look like?

Brainstorming here... :-)
    It indeed has a film reminder window in the back that should have a square foam rubber light seal on it.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As the T-90 has a vertical travel metal blind style shutter I suspect a problem like a hole in the shutter, perhaps one blade or is lose, they are held together with rivets, perhaps the rivet hole is now enlarged. Have a look at the shutter with the lens off and back open on bulb before, during and after exposure.

Harry (from flickr too, same advice here but in case others see this and want to comment in either location I've repeated it).

Why some shots and not others? Different shutter speeds I suspect. Put the camera in TV mode and run a roll of test film through using all film speeds to check that if you can't see a problem by inspection.
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Yeah I'm going to have to do more testing to try to get to the bottom of this. I really hope it's not the T90 though. I've already grown fond of the camera lol.
    - Abram

Mamiya 7II / Hasselblad 500CM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rol_Lei Nut View Post
    I think this is the most important question.
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Well the two frames that have the ring (the one shown is the worse of the two) they are separated by several frames. This was the 8th frame and the next one was the 25th frame.

Both happened to be when using the 28mm, not with the 50 or 100 that I also used. This is why I thought it was something involving the lens specifically.
    - Abram

Mamiya 7II / Hasselblad 500CM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I hope you're right. If you look through the lens do you see anything weird? You'd probably have to stop it down. Have you used the 28mm lens on other FD bodies?
    Harry Pulley - Visit the BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE FORUM

Happiness is...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It's dark on the print, so light on the negative
    It's almost in focus so it's not on the lens.
    Test the camera for something hanging from the mirror. Select a slow shutter speed and look through the mirror box from the back of the camera for something hanging.
    If the camera won't allow you to take shots with the counter at zero, gently put a tooth pick in the counter release. Look at the top edge and there should be a protrusion that goes into the top light seal of the camera. When that's pushed in the counter should work.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Any chance that the film contacted the side of a damp developing reel prior to development.

It has that shape.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Are the lines exactly the same in all the frames in which they appear?

If not, I am guessing a processing issue.

If so, something actually cast a shadow on those parts of the film during exposure.

Or...do you have long hair?
    Last edited by 2F/2F; 02-26-2011 at 12:41 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin