Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,865   Online: 1022

Thread: Is there a:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Is there a:

35mm, full frame, compact body with AF, AE with full manual override, fixed lens 35-40mm ~f1.7ish? Body no larger than an Oly Trip 35. No RF's as my eyesight isn't sharp enough to focus in these little VF's.
    I have: Rollei 35 TE, Minox 35 GT, Oly Trip 35 and Oly XA2 that come close, but not quite close enough. Am I on a witch hunt? Any input is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Gerry
    Last edited by Gerry M; 02-26-2011 at 11:43 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The Contax G1/G2 is the closest you are going to find. But essentially you are on a witch hunt.

First point: if you are not going to be focusing through the lens, you really dont need a f1.7 speed lens.
    Second point: if your eyesight is bad, then any of the small cameras are going to be hard to use. Small cameras have smaller viewfinders than big cameras.
    Go not to the elves for counsel, for they will say both yes and no.

Shooter
    35mm
    Konica Hexar AF has a 35mm 2.0 lens, AF and AE. May be a little larger than the trip 35. Don't remember if it has AF override.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree with the Contax G1/G2.

Jeff

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin